Suing for peace

paralistalon

Chieftain
I find this to be another area where it's easy to take advantage of faulty AI. I'm playing a deity game where I've fallen pretty far behind in science and had a few spearman and xbowmen while my neighbors started entering the modern age. I got fed up with Pericles converting all my cities so I declared war on him and figured that, with the poor AI, I could probably hold him off. I knew he had been at war with Sumeria and Brazil for the past 50 turns, so he needed amenities. I sold him everything I had, used the funds to rush buy a few crouching tigers, then declared war and got my amenities back. He sent a wave of horsemen at me that I was able to pick off with my xbows. After about ten turns of this, his offensive stopped. My capital suddenly got unhappy due to war weariness, I guess, and I didn't feel my army was strong enough to advance and take a city, so I asked Pericles what it would take to end the conflict. He said that there was nothing that could stop his utter hatred of me so I passed the turn. During his turn, he offered me basically everything he had including half a dozen great works. I only had two slots for them, so I only took two, but I also took all his gold on hand, all of his luxury and strategic resources, and about 60 gold per turn. I'm not sure why he offered me so much or how the AI calculates peace deals. It seems different than the "war score" introduced in Beyond Earth. Maybe he was fed up with being at war for so long and Brazil and Sumeria wouldn't accept peace so he just gave me everything he had (except for a city). Oh, and good luck to him as I took all his money and left him at war with his neighbors!

Top Bottom