Summer Patch [1.0.0.167] Bugginess

evanaurora

Warlord
As nice as the idea of a late-summer civ binge sounded, in practice there have been quite a few problems cropping up, to the point where I actually feel the need to come online and Post About It, especially because there are a few I haven't seen many/any people talk about.... I'm too lazy to do an individual post for each bug, so hopefully this is okay/in the right spot.

• most seriously, I'm adding my +1 to experiencing the "most of the time, except upon loading the game for a few turns, no tech popups" not much more to say other than this is seriously annoying and borderline gamebreaking, but.
  • this is one that I can't see how it could be a problem with my computer-- and I completely uninstalled the handful of minor mods I'd been playing with, but no luck fixing-- yet I haven't found a single post on Reddit or Civfanatics about it. (Admittedly I haven't looked all that hard, so perhaps they do exist.) Has anyone had a problem with the Machinery eureka? Specifically, bafflingly, that it drains your treasury? No matter how much gold I'd had, or how much GPT, every time I've gotten the Machinery eureka (usually by upgrading a slinger-- perhaps that's significant?) the next turn the treasury amount resets to -195 gold, and several units are disbanded correspondingly. I haven't experienced this with any other eurekas/inspirations, but I've encountered it in the 4 or 5 disparate games i've played since the patch came out.
  • this is one that's leftover from a patch or two ago, but it's definitely annoying. Certain units-- artillery class in particular, as well as modern (i.e. in cars?) Great Generals-- there may be more, as I definitely haven't made an exhaustive list-- make a rumbling sound when they move, as one would expect with wheeled units, but these particular sound files (I'm guessing) are bugged so as to last from the time the unit moves continuously until the next turn. It's tremendously annoying, particularly when they're in the part of the map that you really have to be spending a lot of time-- it's not a nice sound.
  • another very minor one that's older is units spawning (from goody huts, being purchased, or even being hard built) with the barb-scout-notification-- the red exclamation point. Usually reloading after a few turns fixes it but it's still obviously not how the game is supposed to work.
  • This... may or may not be a bug, but I'm guessing it is. The AI offers friendship way more often than they used to, but will almost NEVER make an alliance, no matter what you offer them. Cities, hundreds of GPT, great works, resources.... i've tried everything just to see if it's even possible, and i really haven't seen it work. It's very annoying, even as alliances aren't that useful.
  • In general, trade seems pretty broken-- AI placing lots of value on random items, and very little on others. (Undervaluing great works and overvaluing player-player deals like alliances/joint wars/etc seems to be the trend I've seen.)
  • Seconding one I've seen a few times on here which is I believe a UI problem-- the government legacy bonuses SEEM to count in-game (e.g. the Great Person screen shows the proper number of points after having ran Classical Republic for a while) but on the government screen only Theocracy, as well as the current legacy tally, will show up.
  • This is possibly my (not very good) computer but I'll throw it up here anyway; the game has been about ~75% of the time unable to close; I've taken to shutting it down with the task manager out of habit.
I'm sure it's not an exhaustive list, but can anyone else second these? (In particular, the Machinery eureka one is one I'm very eager to make sure is not just my game).

EDIT: Playing today, I think it's Archery that breaks the tech notifications. Prior to researching it, I got every single pop up; researching it, I didn't get one, and haven't since.

Last edited:
The "cede" bug still hasn't been fixed. I have been encountering this bug in almost all my games, it is incredible it has not been fixed yet. It's not game breaking, but seriously this is lame.

Lost Malinalco to Egypt.
Took it back a few turns later thanks the "return" negociation option when trading for peace, along with a city-state that I liberated (yay to that update, finally).
But the city is considered occupied (whereas the City was MINE in the beginning, and was taken back peacefully) and Egypt won't give me the option to "cede" the city. They really should drop those broken ceding mechanics.

• In general, trade seems pretty broken-- AI placing lots of value on random items, and very little on others. (Undervaluing great works and overvaluing player-player deals like alliances/joint wars/etc seems to be the trend I've seen.)
This one annoys me so much that I've stopped playing. They will give ANYTHING for a joint war, including CITIES. So you can cripple the AI in the beginning of the game and effectively win the game by offering a few joint wars and becoming flushed with cash and lots of extra cities. Once on Deity turn 30, my neighbor AI which only had 2 cities traded me his only 2nd city and his whole treasury like +30GPT to go to joint war with another AI on the far end of the continent they couldn't even get to.. at the same time another AI gave me like 40GPT for another meaningless joint war. At that time I stopped playing because there's no challenge.

I reported this repeatedly in bugs forum, 2k bugs forum, everywhere I could but they still haven't fixed it :(

The "cede" bug still hasn't been fixed. I have been encountering this bug in almost all my games, it is incredible it has not been fixed yet. It's not game breaking, but seriously this is lame.

Lost Malinalco to Egypt.
Took it back a few turns later thanks the "return" negociation option when trading for peace, along with a city-state that I liberated (yay to that update, finally).
But the city is considered occupied (whereas the City was MINE in the beginning, and was taken back peacefully) and Egypt won't give me the option to "cede" the city. They really should drop those broken ceding mechanics.

I've encountered a similar issue as well. I founded a city, then a few turns later Japan declared war on me and took said city. After conquering the city, Japan offered peace. I believe I refused (I did not cede the city), though I may have accepted initially and then attacked a few turns later... can't remember now. In any case, I started attacking the city and eventually Japan offered another peace deal, which included ceding the city back to me. I accepted this deal, but the city has said occupied ever since. A bit frustrating, especially since it is stuck at 3 pop, and it's a frontline city.

Top Bottom