System reqs?

WiseGreen

Warlord
Any word abou the minimum system requirements to run CivBE? Will they be different/superior to Civ5's?

Probably a bit higher than civ 5, but could be better optimised so it could be faster to, but I would atleast expect higher req on graphics.

Same engine as Civ V, but should be similar.
It's possible they didn't bother make a Direct X Version 9 version, which would increase it to what's needed for Direct X V 11.

It's clear though that they intend the human to have a big empire at the end for some of the victory conditions, which would somewhat increase demands compared to Civ V playing peaceful, but normally that just means the game is somewhat slower in end game if the machine is underpowered.

Here are the system requirements:

http://www.gram.pl/news/2014/08/15/znamy-wymagania-sprzetowe-civilization-beyond-earth.shtml

Minimum hardware requirements Civilization: Beyond Earth :

Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) or 7;
Intel Core 2 Duo (1.8 GHz) or AMD Athlon 64 X2 (2.0 GHz);
2 GB of RAM;
Intel Graphics HD 3000, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3650 (256 MB, DirectX 11);
Sound card compatible with DirectX 9.0c;
8 GB of free space on your hard drive.

Recommended hardware requirements Civilization: Beyond Earth :

quad-core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz;
4 GB of RAM;
Graphics Card Intel Ivy Bridge, NVIDIA GeForce GT400 or AMD Radeon HD 5000 series (DirectX 11);

I just compared it to the recommended requirements for Civ 5. It's almost identical, only the video card is one generation higher.

Why do they req. Windows Vista? Anyone know why that is the suggested Windows version?

Why do they req. Windows Vista? Anyone know why that is the suggested Windows version?

I think it's because older Windows systems don't support directx 10 or higher.

I remember reading that they improved the engine to no longer be as CPU intensive as Civ V was as well, so hopefully that will mean shorter loading times and time between turns.

Question. Will my Intel GMA 4500M be able to run this? It handles CivV, but I can't find any info on whether or not it is DirectX 11 compatible. I will be upgrading soon, but it is more of Blizzard soon than anything else and I hope my toaster would be able to run it. My toaster has everything else covered, need to know about the graphics.

Here are the system requirements:

http://www.gram.pl/news/2014/08/15/znamy-wymagania-sprzetowe-civilization-beyond-earth.shtml

Minimum hardware requirements Civilization: Beyond Earth :

Intel Core 2 Duo (1.8 GHz) or AMD Athlon 64 X2 (2.0 GHz);
2 GB of RAM;
Intel Graphics HD 3000, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or Radeon HD 3650 (256 MB, DirectX 11);

Recommended hardware requirements Civilization: Beyond Earth :

quad-core processor clocked at 1.8 GHz;
4 GB of RAM;
Graphics Card Intel Ivy Bridge, NVIDIA GeForce GT400 or AMD Radeon HD 5000 series (DirectX 11);

So happy it'll run on my budget laptop :D

The minimum cards supported are actually DX10, and the game just needs DX11 installed.

According to what I know though, all DX11 games should be able to run on DX9 cards as long as DX11 is installed, but for the minimum spec here you need at least a DX10 generation card.

The minimum cards supported are actually DX10, and the game just needs DX11 installed.

According to what I know though, all DX11 games should be able to run on DX9 cards as long as DX11 is installed, but for the minimum spec here you need at least a DX10 generation card.

There were some graphic issues with DX9 cards running DX11 when Civ V first came out on older machines. Whenever they occurred, using the DX9 version fixed the issue.

It's have Windows Vista Service Pack 2 OR Windows 7.

Windows 7 largely is Windows Vista Service Pack 2 with most of the annoyances from Windows Vista removed.
Windows 8 is itself largely Windows 7, but with a user unfriendly default GUI for those with even the larger tablets let alone a full monitor.

Top Bottom