Taking two policy trees from the same era

It's very potent on huge maps if one plays a wide game. If you get beliefs with yield on conversion, borobudur, orders, holy land, hero worship, etc. you can really get your culture investment's worth out of it quite easily

Byzantium is also the only civ that can stack faith cost reductions, so while the fealty opener makes faith purchases 33% cheaper for most civs, it makes things 42% cheaper for Byzantium.

I've found taking same-era policies can be useful in certain niche civ-specific situations. FYI, I play on emperor, so these strategies may not generalize to the highest difficulty levels.

Progress > Tradition > Rationalism > Order works well for The Maya - Progress to get Kuna built ASAP, Tradition because you can only build Kuna on jungle/forest, which incentivizes not expanding too far beyond your starting area.

Authority > 2/2/2 split on Medieval policies > Industry > Order works well with 3/4 UC China. The combined UB/UU/UA incentivize a mix of Fealty (for expansion, quick castles & happiness), Statecraft (to maximize yields from the Xiafan Guanjun) and Artistry to increase GP generation all all cities (synergy with Examination Hall)

Tradition > Statecraft > Artistry > Autocracy is a fun mix that I've tried for both Austria and Morocco

Top Bottom