• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Team 1 not sharing resources

ryansebiz

Chieftain
Yesterday in a multiplayer game my friend and I (both on Team 1) were unable to share resources.

We both had coastal capital cities connected by roads. We also had Sailing and Writing researched.

He had stone hooked up at his capital. When I was building the Pyramids I did not receive the double speed production bonus from stone.

I went into the relations screen and was unable to trade for his stone. I did not see an option for open borders (though I was able to move my units into his territory).

Any idea why we were unable to share resources?

Maybe you just weren't connected to each other's trade network. That's unlikely though, so I guess it's a bug.

Perhaps there was an ocean between you? Trade isn't allowed through oceans until Astronomy.

I can't think of an explanation. :(

I guess it's a bug. Maybe you need the latest edition of BtS, but it's likely you already have it.

you don't get an option for OB since you have OB permanently (even before writing) as a team. but if the stone was connected to his capital, and your capital was connected to his, then that certainly sounds buggy to me.

if you weren't connected, then the resources screen under F4 should show that. did you get that message, or did the stone just not show up? the only reason i can think of that the game would acknowledge that you're connected, but not let him trade the stone, is if he was getting it in trade from somebody else. but "He had stone hooked up at his capital" makes that sound like it wasn't the case here. :confused:

Top Bottom