Team games. How do they work?

jonpfl

Prince
All,

How do team games work?

Do you start next to your teammate?

Do you share maps? Resources? Technologies?

Thx
jonpfl

A PBEM Team game works pretty much the same as an offline team game. Two or more civs share maps and technologies. Teammate AI's will accept one-way trades for anything, even if they have only one of the resource. You are not guarunteed to start next to your teammate, and . That's about it.

cairo140 said:
A PBEM Team game works pretty much the same as an offline team game. Two or more civs share maps and technologies. Teammate AI's will accept one-way trades for anything, even if they have only one of the resource. You are not guarunteed to start next to your teammate, and . That's about it.

So, if my friend and I do a teammate game against another team, we share technologies? If both of us reasearch the same tech, does it come twice as fast?

Can you control the other teammates units?

If I go to war, does my teammate automatically go to war with the same team?

Do you share scores?

Thx
jonpfl

jonpfl said:
Do you start next to your teammate?

It depends on the map, in the MP maps you will start together -- Inland Sea, Ring, Team Battleground. In the SP maps you may or may not -- Pangaea, Continents, etc.

Do you share maps?

Yes.

Resources?

No.

Technologies?

Yes, but with a catch. In a team game the costs of technologies are increased depending on the number of players on the team. I'm not sure if it's a direct ratio or not, but generally it will take you just as long to research 1 tech in a team game as it will in a SP. However, if you have a player or players who aren't teching very well, your overall tech will slow down -- you can't neglect GNP.

Also, because of this, everyone on your team should research the same tech. If one player researches Bronze Working while another researches Animal Husbandry, you'll take twice as long to get both.

jonpfl said:
Can you control the other teammates units?

No, unless your teammate moves his units into your land and hits the gift button.

If I go to war, does my teammate automatically go to war with the same team?

Yes.

Do you share scores?

Yes, the team score is the total of all the players on the team -- the team with the highest score will always be listed first on the scores list, so it's easy to see if you're ahead or behind.

Do teams share the benefits of wonders?

Stonehenge?
Pyramids?

Most but not all wonders are shared, here is what we've tested:

Stonehenge - yes
Pyramids - yes
Great Wall - yes
Hanging Gardens - yes
Taj Mahal - no
Colossus - yes
Chichen Itza - yes

and I think Pentagon was a no but is was awhile ago that we played that game.
anyone else know any others?

No, unless your teammate moves his units into your land and hits the gift button.

Yes.

Yes, the team score is the total of all the players on the team -- the team with the highest score will always be listed first on the scores list, so it's easy to see if you're ahead or behind.

Correct but y still hold a personal score. It will be shown like this
(Player X&Y toghter versus player N&M)

XX 1232
YY 785
NN 948
MM 898

I want do a Team in 34civ map size mod in BtS, but don`t have option in menu, I can do it during the game, or edit it in files?

Top Bottom