Technologies in Civ VII

AffineConstant

Warlord
What tech on the tech tree could/should(?) appear in Civ VII? What's been missing.

EG: Fermentation (Earliest or second earliest period, after farming/plantation), reveals luxury resources (wine grapes/hops/etc.) and allows builders to make improvements there. Quote "Come now, everybody's got the believe in something. For example, I believe I'll have another scotch." - Anonymous

What tech on the tech tree could/should(?) appear in Civ VII? What's been missing.

EG: Fermentation (Earliest or second earliest period, after farming/plantation), reveals luxury resources (wine grapes/hops/etc.) and allows builders to make improvements there. Quote "Come now, everybody's got the believe in something. For example, I believe I'll have another scotch." - Anonymous
Fermentation, though, is Pre-Start of Game, since wine making dates back over 9000 years and beer of various kinds even further (11,000 BCE, Natufian culture in the middle east).

The quote about Scotch actually refers to Distillation, a much later technology whose alcoholic products date from the late Medieval Era: first written description of distillation of an alcohol is about 1300 CE (in Italy) and first description of 'aqua vitae' (Scotch) from about 1405 CE.

Distillation, with potential Health/Medicine and Happiness and trade/manufactured resource goods (just ask Canada and Scotland how lucrative distilled spirits can be as a Trade Good) would be a good candidate for a new 'Technology'

Top Bottom