Techs

Omega

Chieftain
Gentlemen!

I would like to know how I can find out how far behind/ahead I am compared to a certain Civ in the game? I would appreciate it if the answer would be worded in simple terms, as I am still new to Civ3. Thank you for your kindness!:)

I would also like to know what techs you think is/are important in each age, and why. This is not a poll. I would just like to know what other, better players think of certain techs. Again, thank you for your kindness!

In the ancient age, go for iron working and/or horseback riding first so you can build an effective military quickly.

In the middle ages, go for education first, as it opens up the entire second half of the tech tree.

In the industrial age, make for industrialization first, to build Universal Suffrage (unless you do not plan to use republic or democracy). Then go for scientific method to build the theory of evolution wonder, then go for electronics to build Hoover dam.

I do not have much experience with the modern age techs, as the game is usually over at this point. I do make sure to go for Fission first, because owning the UN gives you great power.

Originally posted by Omega
Gentlemen!

I would like to know how I can find out how far behind/ahead I am compared to a certain Civ in the game

I am not a gentleman ;) , but maybe I can answer this. go to the foreign advisor (F4) click desired civ and then try to propose a deal. On the left side is what they got, right side your stuff. You are able to see what techs they got, you haven't and the reverse.

Top Bottom