Term 2 - Ambassadorial office to Apolyton

Goonie

Lonely End of the Rink
Status
Peace

Current Treaties/trades
Non-Agression Pact - Started turn 53, ends turn 83. May be renegotiated at turn 78. Apolyton NAP

Completed trades
We gave - Ceremonial Burial(2), 20 Gold
They gave - The Wheel(4)

Relationship
This office believes that our relationship with Apolyton is by far our most solid friendship, and our most beneficial friendship. We made our first trade with Apolyton, we signed our first treaty with Apolyton, and Apolyton may well be our first ally in a war. Apolyton has always treated us with respect, and has tried to work out trades that were fair and helped both teams. In working with them I have felt like an equal partner, which does not happen with all our allies.

Apolyton's potential Ennemies
We know that Apolyton and Elucidia share a very well defined border, and that this is creating tension between the two. In this office's opinion, a war is inevitable between the two. If a war between these two nations happens, and we are in a postion to help one of them, I believe it would be wise to help Apolyton as we would be able to get some valuable land in the process.

Apolyton's Friends
We know that the Gamecathcer Alliance and Apolyton have made contact, and do trade toghther. Apolyton has stated they would not interfere if we were to attack the Gamecatherites.

Secrets revealed by Apolyton
  • An Elucidia Settler is moving towards the northern Choke point. ETA - Turn 61.
  • GCA is aware of our hostilities towards them

I LOVE the idea of 1/2 price tech deals. For mapmaking, I'm pretty sure we could exchange world maps if we look to the west and they look to the right. Plus, they have access to Elucidia territory which would give us precious data about lands we have no means of discovering now. Another fun thing is that Elucidia said that Poly couldn't reach GC without going through their lands, but GC and Poly have contact so their information isn't very good....

Received this from ZargonX (ambassador from APO)...

Greetings from Apolyton!

I, the Ambassador of Apolytonia, hereby offer the following proposal to the Nation of Fanatika. If you agree to this propsal as outlined, mark "AGREED" on the bottom of the document and foward it to ZargonX. It shall then be considered a binding agreement once I've recieved it.

APOLYTONIA AND FANATIKA HEREBY AGREE:

That we are brothers, bound together in our common desire to survive and prosper. As the world prospers most in times of peace, we wish for there to be peace between us. In order to ensure that peace we hereby agree to the following:

1) There shall be no war or conflict between us. Our units shall not attack each other, nor shall they enter the cultural borders of the other party without permission. This shall be considered a Non-Aggression Pact. There shall also be a 1-tile "buffer zone" around cultural borders. If this buffer must be breached for any reason, warning should be given in advance.

2) We agree to cooperate and communicate regarding any diputes over settlements or scouting. We agree to work out our differences in a chat, should any differences arise.

3) This agreement shall last 30 turns after it is ratified by both parties. This agreement shall be open for renegotiation after 25 turns have passed.

note: if you would like to meet in a chat to discuss anything contained within this treaty, please feel free to contact me!

Personally, I never understood the value of that last sentence. I don't see a reason to mandate the turn in which we can begin renegotiating the deal. Having said that, though, I would not consider it's inclusion a deal-breaker.

Furthermore, I see no harm in this deal as there is little chance that either of our two nations would be able to come into contact with each other until the discovery of Map Making. Also, such a deal could help keep them from joining Gamecatcher's side in our future conflict with them.

We need allies and this is a good start. I'd agree to it.

Foreign minister: I agree, sir. :)

Ambassador: Mighty good proposal chap!

Remember how we were going to buy CB from GC and sell it to Poly. Well I don't think we should do that anymore since we are about to get it in 2 turns. Here is a PM I want to send to ZargonX. Give me your thoughts please.

ZargonX,
As you are well aware, our two nations had an agreement about the purchasing of Ceremonial Building. It seems that we have come across the tech without a trade, but we would still like to be loyal to you, and our previous agreement. Therefore, we would like to talk to you about what you think would be a fair trade. We hope you can understand our circumstances, and work with them.

Fanatikese Ambassador to Apolyton,
Goonie

I think we should discuss it in a chat. Anyone else have any opinions? If not, Im sending it.

Ideally, we should try to see if they have Mathematics or some other 2nd level tech that we can trade for CB and some gold (or some other arrangement).

Yes I agree. I am sending this away, and we can try and get that info out of them at a chat.

Top Bottom