Term 4- Foreign Affairs Consulate

greekguy

Missed the Boat
Welcome to the Term 4 Foreign Affairs Government thread! Here all diplomatic operations will be conceived and hopefully implemented into official actions. I will also try to keep this thread up to date with new information concerning the foreign relations Fanatikos has with foreign countries. If you have any questions, comments, or requests, please, don't hesitate to post them. I appreciate any suggestions from all citizens. I also need a deputy, so please feel free to sign up by posting in this thread or PMing me. Let's have a great term diplomatically! :)

Consul of Foreign Affairs: greekguy
Foreign Affairs Deputy: NONE

Current Discussions/Polls
FA Consulate T4 P2- Senator's Choice: War with France
FA Consulate T4 P1- Conflict With French
FA Consulate T4 D3- Communications Trading
FA Consulate T4 D2- Babylonian Relations
FA Consulate T4 D1- English Relations

Past Discussions/Polls

Term 3 Thread
Term 2 Thread
Term 1 Thread

Foreign Affairs Status 740 AD

Peace with Us
Rome
France
Persia
Germany
Japan
England
Babylon

Wars
Japan and England
France and Persia

Millitary Alliances
NONE

Rights of Passage
Germany and France
Germany and Rome
Persia and Rome
Rome and France
England and Babylon

Embassies
France
Rome
Germany
Persia
Japan
England

Attitude
Germany- Cautious
France- Polite
Rome- Gracious
Persia- Polite
Japan- Annoyed
England- Polite
Babylon- Cautious

Foreign Civ Government
Germany- Monarchy
France- Republic
Rome- Republic
Persia- Republic
Japan- Anarchy
Engalnd- Republic
Babylon- Republic

Minister Greekguy

Although you did not post instructions, an Embassy was constructed with the English at the end of this last turnchat. The pic from this is posted in both the TCIT and the Embassy thread you started.

During in the session we traded Literature to the English for 20 gold and contact with Babylon. The once great Babylonians are in a sorry state and are down to 2 cities. I nearly created an Embassy with them as well as we still do not know where they are, but thought it best to allow discussion first.

The other event of note was the demand from Xerxes. This happened on the very first IBT at the end of turn 0. Persia demanded Theology. This would have been a disaster for us if we gave this up as it would allow the other civs to cascade their Wonder builds to Sistine and prevent us from building it in Styx. We therefore refused the demand. Xerxes did not declare war and a couple of turns later the cascades were broken with Persia getting Sun Tzu, Rome getting Leos and France losing out.

On the other continent, Japan declared War on England. We are weak to Japan, if we are not careful we could have a runaway Civ on our hands.

I hope that this report has been of use to you

Furiey.

thanks for the report Furiey and sorry about not posting instructions.

anyway, a new thread has been posted and new info has been edited into the 2nd post.

EDIT: another thread is up...check it out!

War polls are now up for the Assembly and the Senate. Go out and VOTE! :)

Minister greekguy,

As it appears we are heading to war with France, Governor Furiey requested that we gather more information about the forces we might face. As this falls in your area, I copy this request for your office to consider.
Furiey said:
We are considering War with the French, but we have no information about the forces we will meet. We have an opportunity to do some city investigations before the next turnchat to correct this situation and allow us to plan how we attack. I have suggested in the French War thread that we investigate 3 cities - the 2 we could attack on the first turn and Besancon. This would cost us the total of 199 gold, one turn's worth at 0% science.

Thanks,
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatikos

Minister greekguy,

Lacking from your polls about the declaration of war is an indication of timeframe of the conflict. The conduct of the war is controlled by the Minister of Defense, but the timing of when to declare war lies with your office.

Do you know when you plan to declare war with France?

Thanks,

ravensfire said:
Minister greekguy,

As it appears we are heading to war with France, Governor Furiey requested that we gather more information about the forces we might face. As this falls in your area, I copy this request for your office to consider.

Thanks,

Well consider this an official budget request:

Pleae allocate enough gold in the next Turnchat to conduct diplomatic investigations of the cities of Besancon, Lyons, and Chatres.

ravensfire said:
Minister greekguy,

Lacking from your polls about the declaration of war is an indication of timeframe of the conflict. The conduct of the war is controlled by the Minister of Defense, but the timing of when to declare war lies with your office.

Do you know when you plan to declare war with France?

Thanks,

I believe both polls specify the next Turnchat to be the one where we declare war. However, that doesn't mean we have to declare war on Turn 1. I would favor declaring war towards the end of the chat. So, for instance, if the next chat goes ten turns, we should declare on turn 8 or 9.

The 3 cities I suggested investigating were Besancon, Rouens and Chartres.

Bescanon as it is our primary target.

Rouens and Chartres as they can both be hit and razed by our Knights on the same turn we declare war. The French will not have time to reinforce the city when we declare so we can be fairly certain what troops we will face.

Lyon can not be hit on the first turn, therefore France will reinforce the city when we declare war and we will therefore not know what troops we will face making the investigation far less valuable.

Razing Rouen will help cut the reinforcement route to Besancon so could aid in it's capture.

If you still want to investigate Lyon fine, but please add Rouen to your request as that will give us far more useful information.

greekguy said:
I believe both polls specify the next Turnchat to be the one where we declare war. However, that doesn't mean we have to declare war on Turn 1. I would favor declaring war towards the end of the chat. So, for instance, if the next chat goes ten turns, we should declare on turn 8 or 9.

Neither poll stated a date in the discussion. It was in the poll question, but that's it. I'm not trying to be rude, but that's vital information that really should be in there. When you create a poll, please make it as detailed as you can.

Please consider NOT declaring war during the upcoming turn chat, but requesting a halt to the session once all military troops are positioned, with investigations to be conducted at that point in time.

This will allow us to fine-tune (create really) our plans based on accurate information.

For the investigations, I agree with Furiey, except about investigating Lyon. Based on the first batch of cities, we probably won't need further investigations. We'll have a good idea of their strength and general defense levels, and can make judgements from there. I would suggest investigating only the three target cities.

Which 3 cities do you mean then Ravensfire?

I suggested Besancon, Rouens and Chartres as I would like to hit these 3 cities first (Rouen and Chartes on the turn we declare) with another group on the way to Lyons, that will not get there until until after the French reinforce rendering the Lyons investigation pretty pointless. Razing Rouen will prevent reinforcement of Besancon.

Sorry,

I support the investigations of Besancon, Rouens and Chartres. These are our primary targets and will give us a good indication of the strength of France.

I do not support the investigation of Lyons. After three cities, we should have a strong indication of our relative power in that area, and of how well defended French cities are. We'll need our financial resources to rush buildings in Besancon to reduce flip chances, quickly develop our borders and assist in defense as needed. While the expense of Lyons may be minor, I'd hate to deny a rush build in Besancon because of the lack of funds.

Minister Greekguy

I notice in your instructions you say to do the 2 deals as posted in the discussion thread.

Please note, that by haggling and putting the 2 contacts together you can get 36gpt and 6 gold, that's 2 gpt more than you say. Also by adding in the Babylon contact you get a further 3gpt. I still feel we should wait, but if you do trade, at least get the best deal you can.

Minister Greekguy

Just a note to inform you that we could be ready for peace having razed both Paris and Marseille in just 3 turns!

Futher pillaging can be done in the open region after Paris has been razed and France will have been reduced to the state that it will be little threat to us again, so I see no need to continue the hostilities beyond the razing of these 2 cities and risk futher troop losses and war weariness during our Golden Age. Let us not waste time with France when we could be preparing for Rome. Please take part in the French War discussion thread so that we can continue the chat and not have to stop after just 3 turns.

Furiey

Top Bottom