Term 5 Foreign Affairs

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This is the office for Term 5 Foreign Affairs.

Minister: DaveShack
Deputy : AlphaWolf

Current relations:
Peace with everyone except Japan.
War with Japan.

Current plans:
Discussion is in progress for war with Rome, to acquire Saltpeter.

Other Civ Relations:

Persia is at war with France and Germany
France and Germany have a MA vs Persia

Our relative strength
Persia Republic,polite - strong
Germany Monarchy,annoyed - strong
Rome Republic,polite - average
France Republic,furious - strong
Japan Monarchy,furious - average
England Republic,annoyed - strong
Babylon Republic,annoyed - strong

Active treaties & trades
Rome 14 turns, wines for incense
Persia 14 turns, wines for GPT (??)
France, 20 turns, peace for GPT

Daveshack, I would like to propose a few suggestions:

Would it be possible for you to request in President greekguy's president thread a budget request entailing the investigation of Antium. This would have many benefits. Not only would have know more about the Roman Empire a prime target for our war. Also, we would know what type of defenses the Romans have, if they have moved on to muskets or still you pikes. I'm sure if you requested this it would have a much better chance of approval.

Also, would you mind starting a Senator and all citizens war poll with Rome. No need to do it today, but perhaps before the next TC, so we can get this war started before the Romans upgrade entirely to musketmen.
-Minister of Defense, vikingruler​

Minister,

I believe the time has come to put up an official war poll on whether or not we should make war with Rome. Please put up two polls, one for the citizenry and one for the Senate. Our military should be capable of handling the Roman army, but we can't start the war unless our people vote for it. Please post the war polls today, as to help start the conflict with Rome.

-greekguy, President of the Fanatiks

Minister DaveShack,

The recent polls authorizing the declaration of War against the Romans were limited to 10 turns. We've had 2 sessions since then, including a full. 10 turn game session, without a declaration of war.

To prevent any possible legal issues, would you mind posting a new poll, seeking the authorization for war with Rome?

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, Governor of Olympus

I'm not really sure that will be necessary, Ravensfire. It's clear that the will of the people supports the war, although the trading has brought in a new light.

I, personally would not raise or support any legal issues against a declaration, but if you do run a poll, please make sure the results can be finalized at the start of the next T/C. Thanks.

A new poll is certainly reasonable, though I might not get to it tonight depending on how unwinding from the trip goes.

As for ensuring it finishes before the next session, I'm the DP so that won't be a problem. :lol:

DaveShack said:
A new poll is certainly reasonable, though I might not get to it tonight depending on how unwinding from the trip goes.

Don't worry about it, I'll do it. A Deputy has to do something. :)

-the Wolf

Minister DaveShack and Deputy Alphawolf I would like to make a request. In the interest of bolstering our attack force for the Roman war, please achieve peace with Japan in the next TC. This will allow the cavs down near Priapos and Styx to defend aganist Japanesse attacks to move over to the Eastern and Western Fronts.
-Minister of Defense vikingruler​

I endorse peace with Japan; If they are willing to have a straight peace. The last that it was checked a straight peace insulted them. That said this is DaveShack's decision, not mine.

-the Wolf

Top Bottom