Term 5 - Province of Montis Abeo Gramen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I am still deciding. Right now I am leaning towards a Latin name. But I will leave you guys hanging.. I cant believe how qucikly I picked up the DG. Its because of all you nice guys and gals out there who answered all my questions. :love:

Originally posted by Goonie
Unfortunately I am still deciding. Right now I am leaning towards a Latin name. But I will leave you guys hanging.. I cant believe how qucikly I picked up the DG. Its because of all you nice guys and gals out there who answered all my questions. :love:

Here's a challange for you.... Try to beat Almightyjosh in the best Govonor place! It'll be tough in a nice Challange....

Wow, this has to be the fastest province thread to reach 2 pages! TNG, there most likely are some, check in the first post...

Mountains yes, Dapperdan no. There's just no way that Dapperdan would have been a part of Gem Mountain. Look at the map. From Dapperdan you can journey over some hills to North Province. It shares coast with North Province. You can take a trek through the forest to Southwest Province. In order to go to Gem Mountain you have to try to climb the Himalayas there.

Gem Mountain's border needs to be that massive mountain chain, not 4 tiles of mountain and then a city on the other side of them.

I agree with Shaitan. Dapper Dan was founded before our Modern Engineers were capable of building the roads through the Gem Mountains. That right there draws the original Provincial borderline and shows the attachment to the North Province.

"It shares coast with North Province. "- Shaitan

It also shares the coast with "Gem Mountain" province.

"You can take a trek through the forest to Southwest Province. " - Shaitan

WRONG! From Dapperdan, you must go over mountain to get to the Southwest Province.

Shaitan have you seen the revised proposal? If not, look at it.

Dapperdan is clearly between mountains with gems on them. So it should be in the "Gem Mountain" Province.

40J has said that provincial borders are consistent with the physical lay of the land. If this is correct, Dapperdan fits better into "Gem Mountain" province than the North Province

I have mayoral positions available. All my citites are lacking mayors. If intrested, please reply in this thread, or PM me.

Goonie
I believe you have mistakenly misinterpreted my position. I did state that the provincial borders must be consistent with the underlying geographical terrain. This requirement applies to all provinces.

The mountain range that seperates the North and Southwest provinces dead-ends at Dapperdan. The provincial border between those two provinces runs along the southwest side of those mountains. There is no logical reason to suddenly move the border through that mountain range over to the foothills.

I have also stated that the tiles which the people of Dapperdan will be working are going to be to the north and east of the city, and not in the mountains. By moving Dapperdan into your province, we would effectively move the city into your province, but the tiles being worked would remain in the North province.

Of course, this is a common occurrence with cities along rivers (particularly those rivers that define other provincial borders), but in this case, we're not talking about a 50/50 split of controlled workable tiles. Almost all of the tiles your workers would be using would be in a different province. It's more practical that Dapperdan remain a part of the North province.

An Informational Poll has been started HERE. This poll deals with "PLAN A" concerning Military production. Please vote. This poll will remain open for approximately 24 hours. Governors are encouraged to voice their opinions.

I have come to a decision about the name of the province.... Montis abeo gramen.

Originally posted by Shaitan
Death grass mountain? ;)

I'll change your thread title for you.

It doesn't mean Death grass mountain. I already changed the title. It means Mountain to grass.

@TNG. You are the new mayor of ISE in the province of Montis abeo gramen

Oh. THANK YOU! Can you change it to Province of....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom