Text always offset when playing mods

skywiseskychan

Chieftain
Whenever I try to play a mod I get issues with all of the text being 'off'. As you can see in this image of the fallout mod it has Random in a generic spot, and where the random selection would be has put the word Difficulty. This persists throughout the entire game, replacing upkeep costs, gold, you name it, that name is misplaced. I am using the steam installation. This does not occur on the scenarios that come with but does on every installed mod I have tried. Can anyone help with with this issue?

miss alligned.jpg

This looks like the Steam labels.txt problem again.

For each mod you've DL'd that was not made for the Steam version, you will need to make the mod's labels.txt file Steam-compatible.

Go into the ..Conquests/Scenarios/[ModName]/Text/ folder, and open the labels.txt file using any basic text-editor.

Scroll down until you find the lines "PING" and "Host". Insert a new line "Unknown"
between them:
Code:
PING
Unknown
Host
Save the edited file, and you're done. The next time you run that mod, all the labels should be back where they belong.

This looks like the Steam labels.txt problem again.

For each mod you've DL'd that was not made for the Steam version, you will need to make the mod's labels.txt file Steam-compatible.

Go into the ..Conquests/Scenarios/[ModName]/Text/ folder, and open the labels.txt file using any basic text-editor.

Scroll down until you find the lines "PING" and "Host". Insert a new line "Unknown"
between them:
Code:
PING
Unknown
Host
Save the edited file, and you're done. The next time you run that mod, all the labels should be back where they belong.
Hi there,

So with this issue I am experiencing with the Rhyes of Civilization mod there was no “labels.txt” when the mod was installed. I have no idea how to fix this issue, and copying over the steam labels file didn’t help.

Any advice?

EDIT: oops never mind finally found the file, thanks for the help! Sorry for reviving an old thread

Last edited:
Top Bottom