TGOM 02 - The Grumpy Old Monk and the Ancient Crone go to Alpha Centauri

Well, given my current devotion to CIV, it seems like a bad idea to start another C3C SG, but this is a hard invitation to pass up -- count me in.

General Mayhem said:
I noticed you mentioned being worried about marines. We had (and probably still do) a spy with persia, so to find out if they have marines or even another transport all you would have needed to do would be go to F3 and choose persia from the list of countries, and then you could see what units they have, just not where they are.
Hmm... yeah, that would have been the pretty obvious thing to do, huh? And it's funny, because I had even checked that screen to confirm the statement that the visible transport was Xerxes' only one. I just didn't look for Marines. :crazyeye: I think it's just that I'm always into the "be prepared" mentality and try to cover every coastal town adequately once Ampibious is out there, even when it's not really necessary.
Bede said:
Do we think we can beat this date at Demi-god? If you are up for it I would be.
Tempting, but I'm more interested in cIV right now. I would definitely lurk with enthusiasm, though. I'm not sure I could add anything to the discussion since I've never played DG before, but I'll offer moral support at least. So Scout can nab my spot if he wants.

cleverhandle said:
I've never played DG before
Neither have I. It's never even occurred to me before to attempt it, but having such good company, worst that can happen is I'll help us fall flat on our faces. It should be exciting! :)

Bede said:
@scout, you want in?
A Demi-God Celtic slugfest... er... um... spaceshot? Oh yeah! :salute:

Top Bottom