1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

The 2000 Hour Club...

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by AmtrakQuebec, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

There's actually a purchase history somewhere under one of the account menus that lists everything you've bought from/activated on Steam. It's been a while since I looked at it, so I don't remember exactly where it is, but I'm sure its not too hard to find if you go poking around the settings.

nzcamel likes this.
  2. SlySlySly

SlySlySly Warlord

dang, I only hit 369 hours... granted about 70 or so of those hours were afk, I do a lot of ai only battles to test civilizations. Also just for fun.

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

If Steam simply disappeared, the publishers would have to make arrangements for those who bought the game through Steam to regain access, and if the publisher has disappeared or doesn't care, yes, you've lost the game. But Steam's millions of users would be a very valuable asset. Most likely if they got in financial trouble, they could sell the accounts with the game access rights; users would just have to agree to work with the new owner to get access again.

On topic: 20170525_094814.png
    Still have a ways to go.

Victoria and nzcamel like this.
  4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'm at 396 right now, I'm quickly catching up to my Civ5 total (677)

As for Steam going out of business, it's not something I worry about. It's just too damn convenient not to use. The only way you can really lose your games is if we lost the internet completely, like for a long period of time. And I don't even think the best hackers can accomplish this even if they all teamed up.

Of course a Carrington event can send us all back to the stone age. And you won't be able to play your games that way, but if you've already downloaded them, you can always play in offline mode on your laptop batteries until they run out. Or if you have a generator. You can be playing Civ6 (assuming you were able to shield your laptop or computer) as you slowly starve to death.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  5. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

Well, not quite at 2000 hours just yet, but how do you rate this:

Steam report: "Playtime past 2 weeks: 180.2h"

nzcamel likes this.
  6. Sprenk

Sprenk Prince

Civ 5: 2670 hours
    Civ 6: 499 hours (so far)

Time to round that number up!

nzcamel likes this.
  7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

13 hours per day... Are you kidding me?

nzcamel likes this.
  8. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I got 3700 hours on civ 5.(i still play it). I only have 54 hours in civ 6. Not playing that game now. never played into modern eras even. bad ai in combat and they build so few cities so its not fun. for me civ 6 is just a building game now with not mutch combat. so i will wait for maybee an expansion or better patches

9. Forster

Forster Prince

Must be retired like me, or maybe a student on break. Great to be retired. :thumbsup:

10. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

You could say I'm temporarily retired. Good thing is there's no time pressure. Bad thing is there's no perspective of future...

11. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Did you even play after the last patch?

nzcamel and DizzKneeLand33 like this.
  12. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

Steam says 318 hours for me. But i hate the fact that i couldn't possibly say how much of that is play time. It's not rare that i start playing, something happens, i need to leave but i don't want to exit the game because i kinda want to continue playing, life happens and i'm 5 hours later back at my computer just to exit the game. There you go, 5 hours of playing civ if you ask steam statistics.

13. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Yea i played some. What is good now of what i mention? I dont know how the late game is so

14. Captain Pugwash

Captain Pugwash Warlord

Let's see. There are 229 days since Civ6 was released to today. So to reach 2000 hours already, you would need to play 2000/229 = 8.7 hours per day.
    Yes you have a problem :crazyeye:
    I have a modest 500 hours so far.

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

You wouldn't be complaining about the AI if you were playing deity early game. Consider that there's deity games where the best of this forum have to restart several times to not lose in the first 100 turns.

DizzKneeLand33 likes this.
  16. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Well i always play on diety. But i play on Bigger map than the original map size in game. Have you tried that? It does not work as good as civ v does with the same map size

17. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I've played on bigger map sizes than the normal game offers a few times. I don't see how that matters? Only way it would be different would be if you wouldn't add more civs, giving you more space in the early game. That would most certainly make the game easier as an early DoW is less likely.

18. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

Okey. it's longer distance for the units to move on bigger maps and they are not good at that as i can see. Pluss the civs dont build enough cities to fill up the map. In civ 5 they filled up even the giant map and could send units all over the map

19. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

So what you're saying is that you specifically use map settings that favour the player and then complain that the AI is poor? :confused:

20. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

well i want it to work better with bigger maps

nzcamel likes this.