The Agressive 5.

Genghis Khan pisses me off!!!
Anyway, the "fun" part of the story is that I ended at war with Genghis for pretty much THE ENTIRE GAME and he started every single war.

Oh, did I mention that Monty and Alexander were both BETWEEN Genghis and I and that these were all land attacks that had to go THROUGH those two civs?

What the hell man, what the hell? You attack me over the closest civs even though I am higher than they are in the Power graph and every single one of us is a Buddhist?

That is why I hate Genghis. He seems to only really ever go after the player no matter what.

Yeah I hate that too. Even if Ghengis would conquer your entire civ he would be paying maintenance out the ass if its two civs away from him. The AI needs to stop being "opportunistic" to the point where the opportunity they sense would ruin it's economy if they succeeed in their plans.

I think I have a different take than many of the replies. With the exception perhaps of Monty ;)

1) Mansa Munsa
2) Catherine
3) Peter (greedy bastard)
4) Monty
5) Hunacapac (or how ever you spell it)

The agressive ones are all well and perdictable but the tech whores, especialy Mansa munsa with his UU are just a pain, at least for me, as they are so much more difficult to conquor later and with mansa even diffcult to conquor early as well.:mad: The others are ok as if you are weak you know they will come after you so if you build some military they are xp farms for great generals.

I don't know about any list, but Shaka is one crafty . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. You can be friendly to him yet if you're not watchful he can easily stack 2000+ esp points against you and it's only THEN that you realize where all those random spy attacks were coming from...

Also he's a known warmonger.

all of mine are colored by the fact that i tend to not be a warmonger. when i do go war, i like to have my time to get prepared (hubby says ultra-overprepared to the extreme), and i like to control the timing. so i like to have friends around that i can use as attack dogs, and use diplomacy so that i kind of have military power that's not reflected on the powergraph. i borrow their troops if someone DoWs me. especially in OCC since i can't take over the troublemaker's cities anyway. in those cases i do make sure to raze any holy cities if part of our friendship is religion-based *giggle*.

i hate meeting monty, shaka, or genghis early. ewwwwww. hannibal and ragnar too, those two carry elephants in their pockets i swear, they have jumbos in every single game i've met them in! cathy i hate to meet at any time, even if it was 2049 and i was on my way to alpha centauri i bet. shaka scares me, sometimes i can handle him, sometimes he goes crazy on me. stalin i only remember meeting once. i had declared on liz, and just about all my troops were in england (dumb, i know, but as i said i'm not good at the warmonger thing) and he decided it would be a good time to attack me. well he was right, and i was flat out gonna get slaughtered. so i quit that very turn because the game had suddenly become unfun. so he's on the "i hate you" list but next time i meet him, i'm gonna get revenge. somehow. or restart until i succeed at it!

am I the only one who dosent think alex is that bad? only once has he ever dclared war one me

i adore alex. vanilla/warlords/BtS. <3 <3 <3. he is absolutely the most reliable attack puppy on a leash i have ever ever had, in at least 6 games, probably more. to the point that the one game i played as pericles, i included alex as a leader even tho i left the rest of the AIs random, since i knew he wouldn't appear otherwise :lol:. i've never otherwise on purpose included him, but when he does show up i grin. he's never once attacked me. in one vanilla game with agg AI on, i was at -4 close border tension just about forever (going for culture), so i had to stay in HR longer than i wanted to, for +wise civics to make sure he didn't go crazy, but it worked. he declared on a bunch of the AIs but not me *giggle*. and that was vanilla agg AI where the agg negative is only against the human. i think he has a crush on me ;).

Aside from the obvious ones mentioned (Shaka/Monty etc), I have to say that Augustus is one of the most guaranteed fighting neighbours I ever have - I dont think a single game has gone past with him as a neighbour that hasn't ended in a sneak attack while at pleased or the like.

i haven't yet met Gus in BtS, so this is all from Warlords... i've never had Gus as a close neighbor except in one SG. in that game we had issues with him, but i can't blame him since another player in the SG kinda sorta declared war on him ;). when i've encountered in my games, he's always been far enough off that there hasn't been close border tension at first. and we've always gotten along. if we ever get border tension, by then it's likely we have wise civics going, and he's been a pal every time. in culture games he's done the "perhaps this would be of use to you" thing and gifted me rifling even. if i have a crush on any leader it's gus. i dunno why, it's not his looks. i just like him :mischief:. don't tell hubby. or alex.

I love seeing Tokugawa next door. Since he doesn't trade with anyone and stays isolated, he typically falls behind quick. Whenever I see Japan, I see another few cities for my growing empire.

i like him because he doesn't trade, but not because i plan to take over his cities. if i meet him early on, and not on immortal/deity, life is grand. i'm beelining to alphabet anyway and i get to gift him techs. he gets to pleased, then friendly, and i get to use him as a shield. i'll gift him good techs if i need to, because i flat out know he won't trade them to anyone unless he's friendly with them, and fat chance of that. he's come in handy quite a few times.

play w/ random personalities on for more interesting/unpredictable game play.

i did that once, for an event type game where several of us started from the same save and compared our finished game, those are fun. it was quite odd, most of them i were mysterious. but qin was one of my next door neighbors and i realized early on that he had gandhi's personality. that kind of disappointed me, that i know gandhi so well i could recognize him in disguise! but it kinda figures, gandhi's really not like everybody else.

I mostly have the same experiences, but Alex is rarely a problem. Monty is a problem if he establishes a research infrastructure.

Louis XIV is a crazy neighbor. Every game he attacks me at "pleased". Fortunately, he will settle for peace after you take a city or two and then be your best friend for the rest of the game. :crazyeye:

Everyone hates the old leaders? :(

MY list would be: (i play Aggressive AI)
1. Gilgamesh
Declares on me every time i have him in the game unless i make it a point killing him early. Oh and he is a protective pain in the butt and impossible to get along with.
2. The Khmer leader (never remembers his name :p )
Same personality as Gilgamesh, 2nd place since he doesn't have annoying protective trait.
3. Ragnar
Horrible horrible ally, and aggressive as hell. He is close to the leaders above, but i've had some more pleasant experiences with him when he picks another AI to bully instead of me ;)
4. Shaka
So many units.... do not leave this guy alone too much, he will conquer neighbors easily given a proper start.
5. Montezuma
Annoying at times, only given a place on this list because memories die hard. (Haven't seen him in a while)

I have no idea why so many complains of Isabella, i usually have no state religion and get along fine with her. I've never seen her have a decent army and she always have some tasty shrines for me to get. :D

Napoleon and Alex make great allies so i like having them in my games, just avoid pissing them off and you'll get along fine with those two and their army.
:)

I haven't seen anyone mention the Caesars yet. Sort of ironic, don't you think? Where are our expansionist friends?

Augustus is more of a wonder-builder, especially now with the Industrious trait. I actually haven't bordered Julius Caesar (or even seen him in the game) in the last dozen or so games I've played...whenever I see Romans, I see Augustus.

1. Shaka : Well my "favourite" most hated ennemy. Declares war for a yes or a no, not caring about religion or even my standing towards him. He has always attacked me in every game he was in.
2. Zara Yacoub : For some reason, I like him as an opponent, but not as my direct neighbour. He seems to always waste his neighbour and vassalize him fast (9 games over 10, he ends up vassalizing USA :lol:). When he's my neighbour, I'm always his first target.
3. Montezuma : The terrible guy ! It seems that most of the time he's my neighbour, I'm playing a civ that can't get an early religion thus making him my ennemy.
4. Justinian : While I manage to cope quite well with Izzy, Justinian has become my bane. He always gets 1 or 2 early religions and since I'm not the kind to switch religion that easily, it ends up in a war ... often a short one :p
5. Ghandi : Religion and Culture freak. Not really being a warmonger, it's really annoying for me to have him as direct neighbour.

I really suspect that relations with particular leaders are influenced by which leader you play as. Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway I find Monty is too psycho for his own good. He gets in too many wars and virtually always falls behind and becomes irrelevant. There seems no point even trying to get along with him.

Shaka can be very dangerous. He can send "countless minions". Very unlikeable fellow.

Gengis can also be very dangerous. Difficult to get along with. If he is the same religion and not larger than you he can be very useful. If you bribe him to attack someone he really will fight (unlike Washington and Bismark who aren't worth bribing into a war). I either really like Genghis or hate him.

Isabel is a good neighbour. If she has a different religion then diplomacy will require enormous patience but it will eventually pay off. Open borders and trading/gifting a resource will usually do the trick. Give her an old tech if she asks (she usually doesn't ask for too much too often unlike Hatty who always seems to be asking for my latest techs).

Catherine and Hannibal are the worst. They will suck up for handouts and then back stab. If you give them anything it strengthens them thus increasing the chances they will attack. If you attack them you will get "you attacked my friend" diplomatic penalties from others.

Alex needs to be watched. Sometimes he forgets to take his medication.

Boudica ended a good game for me cause i underestimated her based on score.

one happy day im warmongering on the right of my land (archipelago snaky) and then i see 6 galleons off the left coast of my land that i have very weakly defended.

next turn she lands and i see the obliteration im in for. she wasnt even angry with me nor on the same peice of land. My main city is also on the left of the land so my troops are about 8 turns away from beeing able to help and ive still got that other war going on

lesson learned.

PS archipelago used to be so easy to defend in cause of land layout. its def taking me time to adjust to the way the AI attacks more from the water. its really hard to save a city from a well planned water strike.

Good thread idea.

1. Aztecs, this guy is just plain crazy.
2. Sitting Bull, this guy is just plain crazy.
3. Isabella, she is a total psycho.
4. Ghengis Khan, eats children.
5. Hammurabi, the man in a dress goes for early sneak attacks.

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I can't recall ever being troubled by Shaka.

i hate everyone :p...

Catherine is like a nightmare to me

Julius Caesar is not easy to deal with if he decided to kill you.

Top Bottom