The AI, it is strange

sanabas

Psycho Bunny
Hall of Fame Staff
Have been playing more or less random games as I move up the levels while learning to play again. Having Persia, Germany and the Huns as your neighbours, and stealing one too many CS workers is far from optimal, I have discovered. :lol:

My successful Immortal attempt was shuffle map that turned out to be a Pangaea, in which I conquered the eastern half before sitting back and waiting for my spaceship. Greece/Austria/America/France were on the oppposite side of the map, having their own on & off wars. Austria got killed off and liberated, America also got killed off. Then I saw: "turn x: Greece has liberated America!", closely followed by "turn x+1: Greece has declared war on America!" :crazyeye: (I can definitely see resurrecting a civ just to kill it again from a human player. Multi-game grudges are perfectly normal.)

Also, having 90% of your empire's traderoutes on the other side of roads through a Greek-allied CS screws things up nicely when Greece declares war on you because you just attached your first spaceship piece. Cost something like 30 happiness, that did. But nukes fixed it. :scan:

Current game, only playing on King and discovering 4 camel archers can basically do a lap of the world, conquering as they go, I had Sweden come and ask me to join them in their war on germany. I was only about 3 turns from starting on Germany myself, so I said sure. Very next turn, my new ally Gustav denounced me, thanks to whatever warmongering diplo points I accrued from joining in his war.

Top Bottom