The City of Yatta

The day had started like any normal day for X. Wake up, make a cup of coffee, shower, get dressed, go to work. Of course, this was normal if you could consider X normal. X was one of the famed 14 interns. Unlike the other 13, X did not find delight in dancing and singing. Sure, he could sing and dance like the rest, but it just didnt bring him any happiness.

That would all change with the visitor he found sitting behind his desk.

When he arrived at work, something should have tipped him off that things were not right. His office door was ajar. As he entered, he thought Strange.. I don't remember leaving my door unlocked
Thats because he didnt leave it unlocked. It had been carefully picked open, but all that care was for naught as the assaliant was sitting in X's chair.
Upon seeing a pair of elbows on his arm rest, X slamed the door closed behind him and unsheathed the dagger he kept concealed in his cane. "Who are you?", he demanded.
The chair spun around and sitting in it was possibly the most beautiful woman X had ever seen. She had long, think brown hair and wore a black pin striped suit. "My name is not important, X. The more important question is who are you?"
X was startled. Who was this woman, what was she doing in his chair, how did she know his name and where could he get a suit like that? (It had to have been designer, as it simply wasnt like anything X had seen) Rather than deal with all the thoughts spiraling around in his head at once, X simply said "Fljibit?"
Men... thought the Woman. "X, my name is Q and we have a job asignment for you." said Q.
"Flrejbrit?" queeried X
"If 'Flrejbrit' means 'We?', than we are the government. I'm not allowed to tell you who I'm working directly under, but I can tell you what we want from you. You may or may not know this, but your former boss." At this, X looked confused. "Yes, former. You work for us now." Continued Q without missing a beat. "Your former boss SaaM conspired with the government to create the Forbiden Palace in the city of Yatta. Now, this may seem insignificant, but some of us fear that it may be the hatching of a coup to take over the country. SaaM is being detained without his knowledge in the city of Zojoji.. we built some University to keep him tied down. Now, before you ask, here's where you come in. We need you to go down to Yatta and live there. Observe the comings and goings of day to day life. Make sure nothing fishy is happening with that FP. If that thing opens and it turns out to be a trap, millions could die. Soldier, you have your orders. Will you accept them?"

X was confused. SaaM? Coup? Fish? What did this have to do with anything?

"Oh yeah. One more thing. I have to go with you to keep tabs on you. I do hope you don't mind rooming with someone in a small little flat."

Gulp thought X. This is gonna be a long week.

AN: And so begins the story of X, Q and Yatta. What does this ahve to do with anything? Nothing. Just felt like writing a suspense story with a diff set of characters, and to give one of the interns a chance to have his own spinoff.
SaaM

Congrats with your city YAtta SAAM :) and prepare an invitation to the grand opening of the Forbidden Palace for Term VI, given we do not rediscuss or repoll its location.

Thank you, Provo.
@all- feel free to jump into this story any time you feel like.
Now, we continue shortly after where we left X and Q

I have got such a headache right now it isnt funny thought X. It had been only a few days since the mysterious Q barged into X's life, but things were already different. After a series of goodbyes he'd like to forget, X was blindfolded, spun around, put on what felt like a horse, put on a train and sent to Yatta next to what he could swear was a goat.
Now he was here in this corrupted city that everyone swore would one day be the next Zojoji. Yeah right thought X I've lived in Zojoji since I was a kid and this certainly aint no Zojoji
Things we'rent that bad, though. Because it was so scarely populated, X was able to purchase a three level house with four bed, two and a half bath, a study and room for what the realtors were calling a "bathing area" for the cost of a years rent on his apartment. And it wasnt like he actually paid for it; no, that was Q and the "governments" job. Q seemed to have an endless flow of cash at her disposal and she was free to use it on X in any way he wanted. Must be good working for the government thought X.
But the fun and games would end soon. In a days time, X would have to embark on his mission. He'd have to actually run this "city" to make sure that SaaM really wasnt plotting to overthrow the government.
Oy...

We now return to the saga of X.

X hated meetings. They served no purpose as no one ever got anything done. And X knew he'd be forced to sit through more of them as the opening of the FP drew closer and closer. God save the Bureaocrats... he jested.
As he filled out a form for what seemed like the upteenth time, Q barged into his office.
"What ever happened to knocking?" X jested
"No time for formalities, X. I think we may have discovered why SaaM is interested in the city."
Q continued "As we know, Zojoji, SaaMs home city, is sitting on top of one of the biggest iron mines in the country. Well, unbeknownst to us, Yatta is sitting on an equally large, if not larger coal mine."
"But what does that have to do with SaaM. Last I spoke with him, he was ranting about reeds, not ore." queeried X.
"Yes, but that is his music side." responded Q. "There seems to be another side to SaaM. A darker side." Q looked around before she continued. She drew the curtains in X's office, locked the door and made sure no one was listening before she went on.
"What I am about to show you are top secret government documents. You cannot repeat these under the penalty of death. Now, remember when you were asking about who I worked for?" X nodded.
"I worked for a branch of the government that the main government denys exists. Our job is to create new technology. I'm not talking about new rail cars, I mean new things you've never even dreamed about. We have ways of creating portraits of people in five seconds, of comunicating across miles of distance in a matter of seconds. How do you think I'm getting all my information? We can spy on you in ways you never thought possible. If you help us, I might be able to pull a few strings and get you into a lab or something."
"And this has what to do with SaaM?" asked puzzled X
"Ah yes, SaaM. Well, anyway, SaaM knows about us. He managed to figure us out durring that brief phase where he thought he was killing everyone. You may not remember this, but SaaM went through a period of insanity and honestly thought he was organizing hits on everyone through a hotel. He acted out the crimes, too, just on dummies. We managed aprehend him after the first dummy turned up in a pie and kept tabs on him. Inside that crazed exterior is a criminal genius. When he came to, he was still with us and he saw too much. You know this entire 'Industrial Revolution' thing we're going through right now?"
X nodded
"Well, we were perfecting the steam engine when he was with us. Realized what it could do and stole some plans in his escape. Those plans are still more advanced than whats out on the market now and we dont know what he's going to do with them. Especially that one where we document how to create a giant army of killer robots..." Q trailed off, lost in thought.
"Giant killer whats?" said X. "Why would anyone create a giant army of killer robotwhatsits?"
"The upcomming Franco-Russo war. Oh yeah, forgot to mention: We have agents in all countries manipulating the way things go. Remember that whole Iroquoi attack?"
X nodded
Q did a large, elaborate bow. "Thank you very much. Took us ten monthsto condition those captured Iroquoi workers to think they were mounted warriors and that the Mother Sky wanted them to attack us."

X was confused. Here was this supposedly perfectly normal woman who seemed to work for a puppet master organization that controled the country and had it in for SaaM, who was really an evil genius with plans for evil killer robots.

Oy...

AN: C'mon, people. Here's plenty of material to work with. Heap on to it. Who wants to be an agent of JI3? Anyone working for SaaM? Any coal miners out there? I can't do this entire story line on my own.

It was now more urgent than ever that X discover where SaaM was staging his operation. He knew that SaaM was planing something. He just didnt know where and when.
And the Forbidden Ball (more on that later) would be comming soon. SaaM would try something then when all the important people were in Yatta at once. X just knew it.

But what?

Coming Soon: The Forbidden Ball (Also Known As: The Asphinxian Ball Redux)

The planing for the Ball was going well. The Provolone family had donated all the goods the party would need, now X just needed to find kimonos that no one would mind getting dirt/vomit/fiber stains on.
And he still needed to make sure that security was tight enough that SaaM didnt attack the ball. SaaM would be there. X knew that. There's no way to keep an applause whore out of a gathering But how would he know SaaM wouldnt launch a giant robot attack on the party? X had seen pictures of what these robots were and what they were capable of doing. Q had shown him top secret "portraits" of the robots and their destructive power. He really didn't feel like cleaning up any dead bodies at this party.
Would there be anyone who could provide security against killer robots?

Top Bottom