The eternal dilemma... when to stop taking cities....

war weariness or warmonger? Seems you're saying the former, but the latter would make more sense... although logic doesn't always fit in to the rules of the game.

Unspeakable things happen when the enemy pillages, war weariness makes total sense.

Unspeakable things happen when the enemy pillages, war weariness makes total sense.
right, when I pillage another civ, it makes sense for that civ to suffer war weariness. The original post seems to indicate that when I pillage another civ's terrain, I get war weariness, which makes less sense.

Science, gold, culture, whatever you want. Raid is getting to be one of my favorite policies. Rome's Legions can even fix any of the improvements you want to keep in the new city.

I like to keep going until they're in an unrecoverable position, down to 1-2 cities that look like they'd make good trading posts. This game was basically already decided by turn ~200 but it was just snowballing so exponentially I had to see it in full bloom, so I opted to play another ~400 pointless turns while watching Better Call Saul. Originally, I wanted to see 100k GPT but it didn't look like it'll go much past 85k once all the side hubs got finished, and every turn was taking like 8 minutes to process, so I quit. This game was current patch, vanilla, only Aztec DLC, 20 civs 24 city states huge inland sea deity

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Holy cow. I thought I was insane for conquering every civilization city on a large (can't really go larger than that) Greatest Earth map (with no barbs, which means more cities). Even that took dedication. Looking at the above picture has me flabbergasted. I'm not sure what else to say.

I think I had around 70 trade routes at the end, nothing like that picture.

Top Bottom