The exception to the expansionist ability.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Toasty, Dec 25, 2001.

1. Toasty

Toasty Old Guard

Yes, we all know it sucks. But the Russians actually make good use of it. Going out and finding villages is the whole purpose of it, right? Well then they get the advantage in tech, and can keep it up with the scientific ability. While the AI doesn't seem to utilize this very well, I seem to be able to.

Any comments?

2. Padma

Padma the Absent Admin Administrator Supporter

Actually, that's one reason I like playing the Americans.:)
    Industrious and Expansionist. I get the bennies of industrious, plus, early on I explore the heck out of my location, grabbing every goody hut I see. I tend to get the edge in tech, and don't worry about popping barbarians out of all the huts.

3. Faray357

Faray357 Chieftain

I love expansionist, espically on smaller maps. It lets you find good location to build new cities fast and before the ai can take those locations before you realize how good they are. On larger maps they are wounderful for finding all the huts.

4. RogueNine

RogueNine Warlord

I really dont understand why everyone hates expansionist so much. It takes a different style of gameplay, one I don't actually prefer, but it is very effective, on huge or tiny maps. You just have to know how to use it.

5. Ghengis Khan

Ghengis Khan Chieftain

sometimes i can get the zulus VERY powerful, their impi make it they can run around getting huts and if they are hostile, they live. The impi run around getting tech and the occasional settlers. and in turn they build a base of operations far out. and the aztecs i hate because i ALWAYS start out in the middle of a jungle, every time!