The Fanatican Chronicles

Cheetah

Deity
This is a thread for the history of Fanatica.

If you see something wrong or something I have forgotten, please tell me. :)

Oh, and I hope it's ok that I make a number of posts here. Want to attach some screenshots. :)

The Chronicles:
List coming soon...

The first history of Fanatica starts around year 13 baktun, 1 katun in the calendar of the old, though the exact time is unknown. What is known however, is that it was decided to move to a nearby hill where a rare type of shiny stones were abundant (Now we know that those stones are in fact a precious metal which we call gold). It is also around this time that we first hear of the Administrative Council, who has ruled Fanatica ever since. The first of the great men to assemble the council were Donovan Zoi, ruler of the council and administrator of the nation, Matrix, who commanded our warriors with both strength and bravery, Zarn, who envisioned the meeting of great nations in distant lands and Cheetah, Justice of the Court and upholder of the law. This is the story of the Fanatican civilisation, one of the great civilisations of the world, written in the day of 3.4.18.4.6, 5 Cimi, 10 Yax by Judicator Cheetah.

Fanatica founded its first city around year 13.6.0. It was indeed a great city, easy to defend and rich from the gold. After the celebration for our new city, which was called Fanatazuma, workers were sent out to construct roads and mines along the river.

Attachments

• h1.jpg
    h1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 432
During the day of 13.16.0.0.6, 4 Cimi 15 Zotz a group of warriors were gathered in Fanatazuma. The Fanatican Empire was great, but there was no reason not to grow bigger. The warriors was given the task of exploring the world, and fight the enemies of the empire.

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 420
In the year 1.1.0 the Fanatican Warriors found that there was a strategic landbridge to the north-east of the capital. It was predicted that this landbridge would be an important way to protect our empire if we were to meet a powerful advesary. 2 katun and 10 tun later a second Warrior unit was sent out from Fanatazuma. This unit was sent North-East in search of more great land. Shortly after its depart it was clear that the best way to keep control of the units were to name someone to lead them. Two warriors were assigned this task. The first unit came under the command of Edward the Warrior, and the new unit was lead by a warrior named Wally.

Attachments

• h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 419
Soon Wally reported that his men had found something truly great. When the warriors reached the top of a mountain, they found Elephants roaming around over great plains. The ruling elite of Fanatica all saw this as a great development. In the meantime Edward reported that the landbridge had started to widen out, and that both Game and Sugar was sighted.

Attachments

• h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 415
During the 1st baktun, 11th katun Fanatica discovered a new way of fighting. Using throwable Spears, or Javelines, gave the warriors a lot more strength. It was also discussed how one could use this advancement to capture and enslave enemies, though normal warriors did not recieve this training. 2 katun and 10 tun later a group of people packed their belongings and headed out of Fanatazuma. It had been decided that it was time for the founding of a new Fanatican town, which should be located near the Elephant plains.

Attachments

• h5.jpg
    h5.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 417
During the 2nd baktun, 1st katun Fanatica came in contact with another great civilisation, the Empire of Civ3 Brasil. Relations were good and Fanatican and Brazucan ambassadors had many fruitfull conversations. In time this would result in trades and diplomatic agreements.

Attachments

• h6.jpg
    h6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 392
In the 2nd baktun, 11th katun a second administrative council was assembled. In thruth it was very much the same council as the first one. The only change was the new Concul of Military Affairs, Hygro. In addition Emp. Napoleon was elected as Ambassador to Civ3 Brasil. 2 katun later two Fanatican Warrior units had packed their bags, made arrangements with their families should they not return and was ordered to move into the unexplored western part of our continent. Soon the message came back to the rulers: There was no western part of the continent. What had been seen was another continent, separated from ours by a line of water.

Attachments

• h7.jpg
    h7.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 397
We are now in the 3rd baktun, 4th katun, 18th tun. A few tun before this one we developed a a way of writing symbols on different materials. As there are meaning to these symbols it is possible to write down information and pass it on to others, instead of telling them face to face. This is one of the first examples of such a technique, called writing and reading. Though it is fantastic, I believe there is much more to learn about this discovery. There has also been made an agreement with Civ3 Brasil over a trade of knowledge, or a technology trade. We will be teaching them the ancient Warrior Code and our recently developed Alphabet. They in turn will teach us how to make and weild weapons and tools made from a new metal, called Iron. With the knowledge of this Iron Working it is said we will be able to equip our warriors with even more powerfull swords. Even more, a new group of settlers has left the capital to found a new city in the west. Though it may look as the great sun shines ever clearer over our nation, there are still things to worry about. A Brazucan Warrior has come very close to our landbridge. We are discussing this and we seem to be of the opinion that he should not be allowed into our borders. I wonder how the Brazucans will react to this, but I guess we will know soon enough.

Attachments

• h8.jpg
    h8.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 415
No way, ity's much cooler like this. :goodjob:

A nice read, really. :) Good job writing it.

Those year names are really weird... :lol:

Acctualy they are quite accurate.
It's the real Mayan calendar. :)

But the Mayans year 0 was probably about 3700 BC, but to make it easier I used it as year 4000 BC. :)

Guess we will switch to Gregorian dates after some time though.

A great read Cheetah. I'm glad you took the time to write this accurate portrayal of our nation. It makes it even better that I was here through all of that!

Hi guys.

Coming back to demogames, thanks for the update.

Any more happen? PM me to give me the 'fo.

From your old friend in a biscuit, GBM.

Very entertaining for a new comer for the game like me, as well as informative. :goodjob:

Top Bottom