The game won't launch

MuradBey

Chieftain
So I started having this problem yesterday. I go to Steam and clcik on play then I get this message "Game is preparing to launch" but nothing else happen. I waited for 10, 20,30 min. I tried to restart the PC. I hit cancel several times but nothing the game just wouldnt start. I have played over 400 hours of civ 5 and never had this problem before. I'm wondering if this is a steam issues that everyone is experiencing or it just me. And if yes what shoul I do?

Thank you

Have you checked the local files?

No I did not check any files and never did since I installed the game back in May. It was working fine up until Monday night. I usually just click play from steam and I instantly get the window to choose from direct x9 and x11. I always choose X11 and the game starts soon thereafter. Now I don't even get that message just a message from steam saying the game is preparing to launch. I don't even know what files to look for or what to do with them.

In Steam Library while online... Right click on the game title... choose properties....the third tab should be local files...the third option should be varify local files.

Steam should really put this option in the main right click along with the dozen other options, that have nothing to do with the way I play the game.

Will this delete any of my previously saved games or hall of fame? And what does the verifying files do? Will it say if I have like corrupted files that I need to delete? Sorry I don't know much about files.

Your saved games are kept separate. It is a steam related thing.

Even deleting local content will not erase your saved games. It will take you the four hours (or less) to re-download all of the files again. If it finds that all files are ok, it will give you the message "All files successfully downloaded". If it finds something wrong, it will re-download that file. It only does one file at a time. You have to keep clicking until all files are succesful. Depending on your conection speeds it may take a while to varify just once. Having to do it several times can get frustrating. You can try the game at any time, but if the game does not work you have to keep varifying the files.

Top Bottom