The great wall

Hardarson

Chieftain
Not sure if it's the right spot to post this and if I have looked hard enough for a similar thread.

I'm currently trying my hands with domination game. Haven't tried them yet, also since I've played other times and been at war with civs that have the Great Wall built.

This time India got it and I decided to wait for dynamite in order to cancel out the effect of expend +1 extra movement inside their zone. Will find a save where this is more obvious. Even when I had researched Dynamite, my units still expended +1 movement inside their zone around the city which built the wonder.

Does someone know if that is something that should happen or did I misunderstand the description? It took me long time to move arty and units into position, along with taking losses as some units advanced far enough to be open for multiple angles of attack.

The GW is only negated when the builder researches Dynamite, not the attacker. Kind of silly design in my opinion, but that topic has beaten to death already(and then revived and beaten again and again).

Thanks mate. That explains it, seems that I didn't look hard enough :). Well I brought more units to the fight and that counted in the end.

I always build the GW when planning a conquering spree...not to defend my territory, but to deny the GW to the AI players. If by some chance I miss the GW, I find that some well placed GG Fortresses can allow better movement access to enemy territory and pave a path to their city where the GW was built.

Top Bottom