The Medmod VI: Still Civ V, only better.

Any time a real whole number is specified for <NumBuildingNeeded> under the <Building_PrereqBuildingClasses> table, the game will double the number entered in the XML to determine how many of the <BuildingClassType> a player will actually have to construct before the building stated in <BuildingType> can be built. The count the game keeps of the required number of buildings does not care one way or the other about the capital. It is merely looking (in your case) for 2 * 2 = 4, or 2 * 3 = 6.

see link.

Thanks, I've been wanting to mod all National Wonders to a flat 4 needed per empire for years. Weird that you have to set it to one half of the desired value.

What is the default value of <NumBuildingNeeded>? If I change it back to default will it break parts of the mod? I really love the mod but I'm not a fan of the static number because I like to play tall with 2-3 cities and it makes me have to pick up some city nowhere useful with half it's tiles owned by another civ (and I'm super OCD about making sure I have a 3 tile radius around all my cities)

Ok, default value appears to be -1.
Yup. -1 is the default that is used to require one copy of the building in every city.
Any time a real whole number is specified for <NumBuildingNeeded> under the <Building_PrereqBuildingClasses> table, the game will double the number entered in the XML to determine how many of the <BuildingClassType> a player will actually have to construct before the building stated in <BuildingType> can be built. The count the game keeps of the required number of buildings does not care one way or the other about the capital. It is merely looking (in your case) for 2 * 2 = 4, or 2 * 3 = 6. Changing the number in <NumBuildingNeeded> 'mid-stream' of a game and then re-loading a save can sometimes have somewhat bizarre results, as I recall from when I experimented with this table to develope my guide.

see link.
With a little help from PawelS I've found where the mystery additions are coming from. There is a modifier in World Sizes that affects the actual number required based on the player's chosen world size. The linked post has since been updated to give the correct information on the affect to the <Building_PrereqBuildingClasses> when real whole numbers are stated in the table for <NumBuildingNeeded>.

Top Bottom