The most annoying rule

Sfinks

Chieftain
When I pull my unit to the field where another unit is, they automatically exchange places and both units lose their movement! It's only for combat units, not for IE workers and settlers and it's so annoying, even as it happens rarely! Shouldn't it be reported as a bug?

It makes certain things easier, such as rotating a damaged unit with a healthy one to get it out of range of a bombarding city.

Overall, it is just part of the many-moving-parts planning that Civ 5 (and BERT) require of the player. Carefully choreographing which unit moves first, and how far. Fast movers can move *through* the hex where another unit is located, without swapping places. They need to be able to end their move on a vacant hex, IIRC.

It's for civilian units too, but only between themselves. For military units, it knows not to apply when you use it vs fortified units. It's quite a nice feature and it shouldn't be changed but for people who don't like it an option to turn it off would have been nice. (I like it)

It happened again, this time with a missionary whom I managed to save from barbarians. I really need to learn to look at the actual unit before I move it :( .

I really need to learn to look at the actual unit before I move it.
LOL, how many years in? I still throw garrisoned units into the water when a Work Boat spawns. I have no idea how I can still be making this mistake!

My signature move is to think I'm on the unit I'm looking at, then right click path it a few hexes. Then it doesn't move and I spend what seems like ten minutes trying to figure out which unit I just moved.

Top Bottom