The only girl unit in the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Women are more peacefully and generally the more "good" of the two sexes, I'm sure we'll all agree.

This is true.

How do you know the other units aren't women?

women arent weak!
Women are more peacefully and generally the more "good" of the two sexes, I'm sure we'll all agree.
They are far more passive than men, yes, but they are not "more good". Women get pissed off just as much as men do, they are just far less likely to act on it, for better or for worse.

You know, I really can't think of anything here except....... Who the hell cares??

The ONLY reason women haven't featured prominently in militaries is because of this world's predominantly patriarchal societies, that have always sought to keep women subservient.
Don't give me any crap about childbirth. For every woman on the battlefield there'd be plenty left to do that. Or have you forgotten that men tend to have a role in that too?

As for "historical accuracy". Yes, let's demand absolute adherance to real history in a game where the English and Chinese can be next door neighbours, Spain founds Buddhism and builds the Pyramids, Sitting Bull marches his army into Washington D.C. and Ghandi subjigates all his rivals with tanks and nukes.

As for "historical accuracy". Yes, let's demand absolute adherance to real history in a game where the English and Chinese can be next door neighbours, Spain founds Buddhism and builds the Pyramids, Sitting Bull marches his army into Washington D.C. and Ghandi subjigates all his rivals with tanks and nukes.

Much better than sacrificing it for the sake of PCness..
'
The ONLY reason women haven't featured prominently in militaries is because of this world's predominantly patriarchal societies, that have always sought to keep women subservient.

Uhhuh. And if women were not more passive than men, then why the hell ARE all the societies patriarchal? There's a reason for that, ya know ;)

Much better than sacrificing it for the sake of PCness..

'cause having Ghandi as the leader of India and real life religions that have no differences and don't conflict with each other aren't PC at all...

Uhhuh. And if women were not more passive than men, then why the hell ARE all the societies patriarchal? There's a reason for that, ya know ;)

Okay, let's rewind one century. Replace "women" with "blacks" and "passive" with "inferior" and realise how dumb you sound.

That's not the ONLY reason though is it? Men and women aren't physically or psychologically interchangeable, as anyone with even a toe in reality can see.

Don't give me any crap about childbirth. For every woman on the battlefield there'd be plenty left to do that. Or have you forgotten that men tend to have a role in that too?

Now you're being obtuse. It should be obvious that having a kid puts a woman out of the game for between nine months and a year at the very least. I on the other hand could seed several different women a day if they'd only let me :) For reproductive purposes, then, yes, women are more valuable than men, another reason earlier societies tried to keep them out of harm's way.

Okay, let's rewind one century. Replace "women" with "blacks" and "passive" with "inferior" and realise how dumb you sound.

When in doubt, use an irrelevant racial analogy...

That's not the ONLY reason though is it? Men and women aren't physically or psychologically interchangeable, as anyone with even a toe in reality can see.

And that equals that women should be subservient how?

Now you're being obtuse. It should be obvious that having a kid puts a woman out of the game for between nine months and a year at the very least. I on the other hand could seed several different women a day if they'd only let me :) For reproductive purposes, then, yes, women are more valuable than men, another reason earlier societies tried to keep them out of harm's way.

And if a woman chooses not to be "seeded"? What then? We have no shortage of potential mothers and never did outside of our hunter-gatherer origins.

When in doubt, use an irrelevant racial analogy...

Oh, is it now? You do realise that many of the crap said about women today is exactly what they said about non-whites in ages past? "They're not like us." "They don't think like us" "They're different" "They're less capable" "If they weren't so useless why are we in charge and not them?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom