the power of "influence civics" ?

Spikey1201

Chieftain
In my last game, (Prince, Lincoln Pangaea, Epic) I was a game leader but under constant threat from the hugely powerful Shaka, my neighbor. We each had one vassal, and I was quite a ways ahead in tech. Still despite his tech deficit, he had such a massive amount of units nothing could withstand him. I could see every one of his cities due to great spy mission. Anyway he had been in WHEOOHRN for awhile and I noticed his gigantic (100+ units, though mostly impis) SOD approaching my border. As a desperate measure I used a spy to push him into pacificism. Long story short, he must've been at 0% already because he lost a ton of units within 15 turns. I kept pushing him into pacificsm and it won the game for me as he was completely crippled. Would this work other times against the montys of the world?

Influencing civics (and religions) is extremly useful and very cheap. Very handy in diplomacy where you can completely change a civ's attitude from hostile to acquiescent and manipulating civ's relations with each other to your advantage. Yesterday I was playing as Justinian, chasing an AP diplo win. His SPI trait was particularly handy. I converted Ramesses to my religion (and got the diplo bonus from sharing Organised Religion), switched Huayna to HR to get the shared civic bonus with him, and then temporarily changed to Rep to switch Bismarck from HR to Rep so that Huayna would no longer vote for him. All these shenanigans secured the votes and the win.

Never thought of crippling a warmonger with Pacifism, that's a sweet move. :lol:

Sadly, this doesn't work so well on higher difficulties as the AI get huge discounts, they can have 400 units an pay only 50ish gpt while in Pacifism. DanF had documented this in a Deity thread somewhere.

Sadly, this doesn't work so well on higher difficulties as the AI get huge discounts, they can have 400 units an pay only 50ish gpt while in Pacifism. DanF had documented this in a Deity thread somewhere.

It's still good for setting up war bribes or ensuring that the AIs like your diplo opponent less than you however.

Top Bottom