The Promised Land: 7 City Purity Guide

If you can, try to settle at least one outpost within 3 tile range of an alien nest - if you can manage to include the nest within your borders, the aliens will turn friendly (blue color) within a few dozen turns.

I have done this on two of my cities, but even after 50+ turns there still not friendly.

Is it to be with in 3 tiles from nest counting from the middle of the placement?

:)c5war:= Nest)

:c5citystate::c5moves::c5war: or :c5citystate::c5moves::c5moves::c5war: or :c5citystate::c5moves::c5moves::c5moves::c5war:

What am I doing wrong?

It takes around 70 some turns (I do not remember the exact number)
You cannot attack them or kill nests while you wait for them to blue.
It just have to be within your city squares. The distance does not matter as far as I know

I have done this on two of my cities, but even after 50+ turns there still not friendly.

Is it to be with in 3 tiles from nest counting from the middle of the placement?

:)c5war:= Nest)

:c5citystate::c5moves::c5war: or :c5citystate::c5moves::c5moves::c5war: or :c5citystate::c5moves::c5moves::c5moves::c5war:

What am I doing wrong?
Three tiles including the tile with the nest: :c5citystate::c5moves::c5moves::c5war:, but I am pretty sure range 4 and 5 would also work (you just can't buy hexes there).

Also make sure to not attack aliens once the nest is in your cultural border, since that will offset the alien aggression reduction from the nest.

I finely got them blue but there are so many aliens now in my border that they are blocking trade routs. Is it even worth having them friendly?

Edit: I was wrong it was not the aliens blocking trade routs, it was the miasma.

My rough estimate would be something like 80-100 turns per phase (on normal speed), depeding on how fast you research.

Or you go by gameplay: Early game = founding your cities, mid game = developing your cities/empire, late game = getting the affinity techs for your victory condition.

Around what turn are you able to win, using this strategy?

Pre-patch victory time was around turn 275 or so.

However, I think the changes from the patch made this strategy more or less obsoltete - academy spam is by far superior (turn 225 win atm).

Pre-patch victory time was around turn 275 or so.

However, I think the changes from the patch made this strategy more or less obsoltete - academy spam is by far superior (turn 225 win atm).

Can you tell us about the "academy spam" strategy?

Top Bottom