The trait tiers

Cyrus underrated? I think he is rated highly on these forums and indeed in the Hall of Fame tables... Darius with his financial has added some interest though, not tried him yet.

I have severe doubts that orginized allows another settler or two, as it saves money on civics not city maintianence. Even running orginized religion and monarchy it would be .3 or less per city saved.
.3 is a bit low estimate.
For the recommended early expansion 6-8 cities is often cited on these boards. Let's assume 7 cities. Average pop. of 5.
Civics cost more on higher difficulty, but let's assume the average level of Monarch. City maintenance will be around 20g (3g/city). Civics cost will be about 14g (2g/city) under organised religion.
Still not much, but you'll could save about 14/2=7 gold in this case. Organized trait then let's you have 8 cities for the price of 7.
I guess the lighthosues might help, but its just cheap lighthouses, not + anything,
The important thing here is you get the extra food earlier. I realize this is highly situational. No fish or clam in the capital cross means the advantage is gone.
Fin is a permenent + and you can still build lighthouses.
I agree. Financial is the #1 trait.

Cyrus is my favorite War player, Mansa Mansa is my favorite builder type. Cyrus is good early game, but I've played him lots of times without ever having horses early enough to get immortals. I could even do without the apocathery, Persians play on good traits for the most part. Late game, especailly on larger maps, L6-8 units from you're West Point city is not an unreasonable goal. Though I tend to run Vassalage and Theocracy all game with him.

As for upkeep, founding 1 new city running a high maintainence civic early game (Orginized Religon) and Monarchy, low upkeep, adds 1 pop and 1 city, so it saves .8(City)+.24(Pop)/2, .52, so yes, .3 was a low guess, but that is the Deity level cost increase, Monarch isnt much difference, .5 savings. Overall though 5.6 city + 8.4 Pop would amount to a solid civics cost of 14, like you said, and 12.6 on Monarch level, and save you a good 6 gold per turn. Yeah, that would pay maintianence on that 8th city pretty well unless it was extremly far away. I concede that it would allow another settler at that point, very good argument.

Alright, I'll add Orginized to middle teir in my view, that wipes out the lowest teir entirely. I'll say every trait is extremely good except Protective, Orginized, Industrious, and Expansive, and those four are very very good.

Top Bottom