The undocumented costs of global warming

handyandy

Prince
Rising sea levels caused by melting polar ice caps will cost the sea-faring industry billions of pounds in replacement boats, a leading sea man has warned.

Rear admiral Freddie Uck-Witt, a boater in the British navy, has warned that as sea levels rise existing ships will be unable to cope with the increase in water in the sea: 'If you take my ship - the Good Queen Esmeralda - as an example, there is currently a gap of one metre between sea level and the deck. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that if the sea rises by a metre the water will be above deck level and the boat will sink.'

Rocket scientist Hugo Canape concurred: 'Although it probably doesn't take a man of my professional expertise to tell you, more water means you will need bigger boats to cope with the increase in sea-a-tivity. If I were a boater, I'd be horsehockyting myself right now.'

However a spokesman for the American Government said that there was no direct link between pollution, global warming, melting icecaps, rising sea levels and the imminent uselessness of all boats: 'If the sea levels are rising it is clearly as a result of God's will rather than anything man, and in particular American man, is doing. I mean think about it: if God can cause a plague of locusts, flood the Earth to rid it of sinful men and have a nine inch knob, this is probably his way of telling us that boaters are all homosexuals who should die.'

A spokesperson for P&O, who was a man, said that the sea-ers are in the process of replacing their entire sailing stock at a cost of £5.2bn.

I feel this is a problem which is ignored far to often.
link http://www.orangeafro.com/article.php?id=395

Why is this in Humor & Jokes? I thought that funny stuff was supposed to be in H&J, and this isn't funny.

I understand it's supposed to be funny. I also realize that it isn't.

Rear admiral Freddie Uck-Witt, a boater in the British navy, has warned that as sea levels rise existing ships will be unable to cope with the increase in water in the sea: 'If you take my ship - the Good Queen Esmeralda - as an example, there is currently a gap of one metre between sea level and the deck. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to tell you that if the sea rises by a metre the water will be above deck level and the boat will sink.'

This is the bit I found funny. That isn't funny to you?

However a spokesman for the American Government said that there was no direct link between pollution, global warming, melting icecaps, rising sea
levels and the imminent uselessness of all boats: 'If the sea levels are rising it is clearly as a result of God's will rather than anything man, and in particular American man, is doing. I mean think about it: if God can cause a plague of locusts, flood the Earth to rid it of sinful men and have a nine inch knob, this is probably his way of telling us that boaters are all homosexuals who should die.'
Hehehe. Christians calling boaters homosexuals that should die are always amusing.

Top Bottom