The world considers you a tyrant

ryansebiz

Chieftain
I defied an Apolistic vote to end war and in a few of my cities I received a +5 (angry face) rating because "The world considers you a tyrant."

Did defying the vote result in this penalty? If not how can I avoid it in the future? When will the penalty go away?

you cant avoid it. It happens, I think maybe its 10 turns

Wrong.

You can avoid it by not defying votes. If you vote no there is no penalty except that if the other vote yes you have to do what they voted for.

It is there until you vote yes for a resolution that succeds. Then 5 angry faces disappear.

Sorry for my crappy english.

why ever defy votes instead of just voting no? do you get + :) relation bonuses for defying votes with certain civs if the vote is for, say, to stop trading with them?

why ever defy votes instead of just voting no? do you get + :) relation bonuses for defying votes with certain civs if the vote is for, say, to stop trading with them?

By defying a vote, you prevent the vote from passing under all circumstances. That can be useful if you really want to prevent the vote from happening, such as hard-fought war gains being reversed by an AP vote, etc.

The penalty will go away as soon as you vote normally on the next proposition IIRC.

Alternatively, elect yourself leader and you have the ability to avoid votes that you'd defy.

When a trade embargo or something else affecting another civ is voted on, you're indirectly gaining :) with that civ because if it passes you'll suffer though you voted no. If the defying will not create too many :mad:, it is a better solution in that case. I hate when not only do I lose the resources I traded and the trade through open borders agreement, but my previously very pleased/friendly trading partner is suddenly pissed.

The AP is awesome...

* AP declares war on Frederick *

50 turns later..

Frederick is now a vassal of Shaka!

1 turn later..

The AP declares war on Shaka.

......Well, it gets rid of shaka.

Hey if AP declares war on Shaka and Shaka have frederick as vassal, is he still a vassal or do he become independent again and declare war on shaka?
Any difference between capitulated vassals and normal vassals in that matter?

I defied an Apolistic vote to end war and in a few of my cities I received a +5 (angry face) rating because "The world considers you a tyrant."

Did defying the vote result in this penalty? If not how can I avoid it in the future? When will the penalty go away?

Just a theory: Would razing the city containing the AP make the penalty go away ? That would be quite strange ... raze a city and be no longer considered a tyrant:p

I had a +2 relation with Gilgamesh one game because he said "You voted for us."

On another note, the girl I was playing with kept getting free technologies from him(something I've never seen an AI do). He kept saying things like "you and I have to look out for each other" and offer the trade up to her(she never asked for the technologies). She also only had 2 cities I think, and it was late game... plus the technologies were relevant, not just outdated ones. It was weird.

I think AI gives out technologies to outdated civilizations. They pity ignorance.

The penalty will also go away after something like 30 turns (for the AP it is also only in cities with the AP religion)

Try like 90 turns in marathon Krikki, but yes the unhappiness gradually goes away, have or haven't you voted afterwards for a resolution (sorry U.N actually) that passes. Nevertheless, the production bonnus for religious buildings does not return until your vote succedes in a future voting instance.

Top Bottom