Things to "fix" for next version

That's like having salt and fresh water mix but not mix. Very strange. :)
The Maya on monarch is impossible with the current science penalty. There is simply not enough good land to be able to generate libraries in time. Tried it in different worlds without success.

I think to solve the Turkish 2nd UHV criterion problem without using continents, one can use the Russian criteria (x number of cities y tiles from your capital) AND ask for more than a certain number of cities (16 sounds about right).

When Netherlands is selected as a civ by the human, make sure that there is no land bridge between Australia and SE Asia!! (The condition should probably be changed to something like, found a city with no cities around you for x tiles, x being 5 (if we were to keep the 25-tile island rule)

Spices need to be located in the New World too (there were NONE in my game), and not in the middle of Asia and Europe. (Japan had 4 while I had one in a tiny island just north of me).

Very frustrating (since I don't routinely use WB as a principle).

I thought I would go mad with Ethiopia.
1. Cold large world (thinking that the fewer civs, the better, and the worse lands Rome or Babylon get, the better, Christianity founded the same turn by some other civ the turn I get theology.
2. Cold large world, founded Christianity but the independents founded it years ago and the holy city was razed already. (no announcement was ever made)
3. Temperate normal world, half way there and already too late
4. Arid large world, no chance in hell with all kinds of desert around me
5. Cold standard world. Third turn, 1 Greek city flips to me. Fourth turn, he founds Christianity (the turn before he didn't have Priesthood, but he must have had monotheism and got a great priest). Lesson: don't play if the Greeks are around.
6. Cold standard world, this time I even got the cheap settler bug and the Greeks spread religion to me like mad. But the Greeks beat me to it again by 3 turns just as I was about to pop my great priest.

And all this time, almost every time 2-4 camel archers killed my preciously whipped spearmen. Most of the time OB with many civs with nary a religion spread to me.

I finally did the 1st Ethiopian UHV. It requires Arid, Standard world, with the cheap settler bug. Built 1 more city and that was enough. I haven't met any other civ except Egypt, so I suppose Romans and Greece were not there.

In future versions I would give the Ethiopians and Mayans an extra settler (classical civs like Romans and Persia have more room to expand and more settlers, so why not 3 for late classical civs) if the cheap settler bug was corrected.

In future versions I would give the Ethiopians and Mayans an extra settler (classical civs like Romans and Persia have more room to expand and more settlers, so why not 3 for late classical civs) if the cheap settler bug was corrected.

I support this, Onedreamer was saying he modded this in and that Ethiopia and Maya are actually playable with that extra settler.

Top Bottom