Things units say

RedRalph

Deity
When you click on them... in their own language. anyone know any of them? I know, obviously, the English language ones, a couple of the German ones "Have you got a plan?" Russian "Yes?" and Celtic "Great!", anyone able to reveal anything more? theyre all worker ones, I think other units have them too if I'm not mistaken

When you click on them... in their own language. anyone know any of them? I know, obviously, the English language ones, a couple of the German ones "Have you got a plan?" Russian "Yes?" and Celtic "Great!", anyone able to reveal anything more? theyre all worker ones, I think other units have them too if I'm not mistaken

I just assumed they were all the same words or a close representation. Try here for some of them if you like: http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Just type in the text as best you can and see what comes out (might get some wierd/cool translations).

they're all the same: the Portuguese i know for sure and its almost the same as the English, i also know some French and Spanish and its all about the same
Examples of Portuguese: "Yes?" , "As you wish!" , "What's the plan?"

As long as this thread is here ... I wonder what language the Sumerians, Egyptians, and the Babylonians are speaking. I think those are dead languages aren't they? Are they just speaking made up gibberish or something?

As long as this thread is here ... I wonder what language the Sumerians, Egyptians, and the Babylonians are speaking. I think those are dead languages aren't they? Are they just speaking made up gibberish or something?

i wonder about Aztec or Inca, the Spanish did they're best to whip them out of history, how can that be really Aztec. maybe it's only invented... maybe

I love it when the Spanish scream vamos or the French allez-y! :)

Isn't it "allons-y"..... "let's go" ?

Can't remember from the game as it has been a long time since I played as the French, but from my memory of French, that sounds better! :D

I think all the troops say approximately the same thing in their languages.

Just pronounce it phonetically.... they're dead from a pronunciation point of view, but the texts are still there to read. Same as Latin, people still "speak" that! Reminds me of a very funny Eddie Izzard sketch! :lol:

Yeah I was playing as Carthage last time and I could have sworn they were speaking to me in Spanish :|

The dutch also have some standard phrases
"Wat is het plan" => "What'"s the plan"
And such :)

I'm wondering what language the Native American units speak in. I'm assuming it's an Native American dialect but which one, as there are quite a few of them.

What language do the HRE use ?

What language do the HRE use ?

Sounds like plattdeutsch. Or some other weird dialect of german. "Ick bin sowiet!" (I am ready) Maybe berlinerisch? "Watt kann ich fuer die tun?" (what can i do for you?)

Also I know the persians speak textbook farsi, without any dialect, very unnatural my father said! Seems to be the same stuff all the other civs units say, too.

i wonder about Aztec or Inca, the Spanish did they're best to whip them out of history, how can that be really Aztec. maybe it's only invented... maybe

The incans spoke "Quechua" which is still spoken by millions of people in south america... the aztecs spoke "Nahuatl" which is still classified as an official language of Mexico....... again.... spoken by millions.

I don't know if the games actually use these languages.... I can only assume they do.

Isn't it "allons-y"..... "let's go" ?

Can't remember from the game as it has been a long time since I played as the French, but from my memory of French, that sounds better! :D

I think all the troops say approximately the same thing in their languages.

It should be allons-y. I know. ;) But it sounds like allez-y.

Egyptian, or rather a form of it, is still used ritually in some aspects of the Coptic Christian Church. Babylonian (also known as Akkadian or Assyro-Babylonian) was a Semitic language, related to modern day Hebrew or Arabic, so I think they're probably used to create a proto-Babylonian. Most of the other aincient languages have survived in written form (such as Punic, the language of Carthage). Little or nothing is known about the Sumerian language though.

I'm not sure about the Celtic. I haven't listened to it much - it's probably a form of Gaelic (certainly the singing with the leaders is Gaelic). The modern Celtic languages are quite different from what was spoken in Celtic Europe however.

Top Bottom