[C3C] Thinking out of the box

Is there a way to not have to use resources to limit what units can be produced?
Meaning, say I have a nation on an island but don't want to use sea trade to access resources in hexes that it controls on another continent.

I would like to create a scenario in which there are no resources at all. So if oil is needed to produce a tank but there is no oil in the game because there are no resources period, what are some other ways that I can create a stipulation on building a unit?

Moff, the easiest way to limit units without resources is the setting in the editor for civs that are allowed to produce that unit. A much more subtile methode can be done with the Flintlock mod, where units can be set to need a special building in a city for the production of a unit.

Another option is having buildings that auto-create the units, as those units require no resources to create, and cannot be created by the player. In Conquests, you have the Ancient Cavalry and Crusader as examples. To further limit the production, the building could be a Small Wonder, so all of the civilizations could build it, but only one building per civilization.

In one of my mods, I have the Iron Works auto-producing cannon. You could set that up as a cannon factory without any resource requirement. In the Age of Discovery scenario, the Europeans cannot produce settlers. They get colonists produced by specific Small Wonders, so the number of possible cities for each civilization is limited to the number of colonists produced.

Thank you guys!

These are all very good options for me to consider. I haven't done any modding in such a long time I forgot about these ideas.

Well I've got some work to do over the weekend thanks to you guys.

Top Bottom