Tip: Harmony is with Planet, not necessarily the Aliens...

Strange, when I built it with green status aliens stayed green. Either one must be a glitch.

In both my games (one with Transcendence victory the other with Contact but I built the mindflower too) the aliens turned from green to red within the turn, once the mindflower was completed.

I believe the completion of mindflower deducts a certain amount of points from your "relations" with the aliens.
If you have managed to avoid any conflict and have a perfect score, most probably it doesn't affect the status quo that much.

The game would make way more sense if Xenomass was the unique ressource for Purity!

• Purity has to kill all the aliens to get their desired "biofuel" (=Xenomass), which powers their conventional, conservative steampunk war machine.
  • Harmony needs Firaxite, a misterious bio-crystal that helps domesticating aliens through mind-control.
  • Only Supremacy bothers to use the hard-to-implement floatstone, considered fascinating, but too dangerous and complicated for practical use by other factions.

This way, purity would be the ones hunting aliens, destroying nests, invading dense forests, chopping them, and removing miasma forcefully. Sadly, right now, this is the way to play "Harmony" :rolleyes:

Actually, Harmony uses Xenomass for their unique units, and Purity uses Floatstone for their unique units. I remember using a lot of Firaxite for Supremacy but I don't recall specifics at this point. I hardly needed Firaxite at all for Purity.

It seems backwards to me that the first Purity affinity level means aliens won't attack your explorer units. It would be more logical if this were a Harmony affinity.

And you need to get the Alien Biology tech to clear miasma, but this gives you a Harmony affinity level whereas it would seem more fitting as a Purity or Supremacy affinity.

That's for workers to clear Miasma. Purity and Supremacy just launch repulsors and indiscriminately clear miasma over half the continent. Agree with you about the Tier 1 Affinity stuff, though. Harmony should get explorer immunity, Purity should get extra expeditions, and Supremacy should get the Aliens go back to normal more quickly.

Top Bottom