• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tips for red death battle royale

Favorite unit?

• Infantry

• Machine gun

• Helicopter

• Tank

• Rocket Artillery

• Civilian?(why did i put this)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Drew97

Chieftain
Honestly, im generally already pretty good in war strategy thus I did play 3 games so far with the maximum amount of AI players as settler and all the others were prince.
Picking your faction
This of course comes to your preference. I do not remember all the names of the factions but if u are new, u should simply go for the one that gives +100 experience or +5 combat strength for all units as these two bonuses work well in all situations. Tho, u can also try go for others. If u like going for risky airdrops, pick the ones that give better regen or bonus near red death border. If u only like looting and just abusing big armies, go for the +3 sight range.

I generally go for the +100 experience since u get very skilled armies that can even attack twice per turn which is definitely good.

Start

Split up your units: There are two ways u want to do this, u can split your machine gun and infantry and even your settler if your risking it but generally don't do it unless u know what you’re doing. This allows lots of coverage of areas that are potential loot. However, u would likely not be prepared for the heavy force that may come to one of your units. Remember that your civilians are the most important. If u have no civilians, u will immediately lose no matter how good your army is.

Keep them together: it is suggested to do this if u are new. u will keep your machine gun and infantry together for a lower coverage. However, there is less risk in combat as your units will all be together thus u will likely destroy all the opponents u meet.

Abandoned cities: they give infantry or machine guns or even settlers or AT crews, their very easy to loot since chances are not much threats will be there.
Barbarian outposts: They give powerful helicopters but youll need some force to bring the barbarian outpost down of course
Airdrops: They give tanks or rocket artillery, they are however seen by all factions and are also close to red death. Helicopters are very useful to simply loot it and leave before other factions arrive or to flee from them.
Mid Game

Be ready for combat, most of the ones u are fighting will likely be in equal strength thus u will need to use basic strategies to fight off other units. Some units are generally weaker so avoid using them against stronger ones. But, here are the counters

Machine gun: Strong against infantry and at crew. They can kill an infantry or AT in two attacks.
Infantry: Their basic but strong against AT crews of course
Helicopter: good against machine gun and rocket artillery due to promotions against machine guns and also its movement speed.
Tanks: u know that their powerful but of course dont use them against AT crews
AT crews: its obvious that it will destroy tanks and helicopter
Rocket artillery: the strong machine gun, not much to say

Now off to the terrains
Forests: +3 combat strength when defending
Hills: +3 combat strength when defending
Hills and Forests: +6 combat strength when defending
Black tiles(I forgot name ok): -3 combat strength when defending
Sand, cities and everything else: 0

Use these to your advantage to be able to win, this is very important to take into account with same class unit combat where u both are at parity. But, u should still try use the units that counter the other.

Late Game

The late game is generally not too much. Mid game has generally determined the winners since there is always a few factions that are very powerful and some that are very weak. Remember to continue looting no matter how many factions are left. If u are weak, avoid combat but also try to loot but avoid combat with stronger factions. It is better to try make two strong ones fight each other and then finish off the other.

And of course, the winner gets the spaceship

GG

Just tell me if something is wrong or seems wrong, just comment

Last edited:
It’s a snowball game, based on the goodies you pick up. Definitely split up your initial troops, including the civilian. The civilian only has to find a city to regain their protection.

For this reason, the +3 vision faction is arguably the best, as is getting an early helicopter. The +100% experience is very good too, because you can get 1) get your machine guns to double shot quickly and 2) get both the strength and mobility bonuses.

It’s a snowball game, based on the goodies you pick up. Definitely split up your initial troops, including the civilian. The civilian only has to find a city to regain their protection.

For this reason, the +3 vision faction is arguably the best, as is getting an early helicopter. The +100% experience is very good too, because you can get 1) get your machine guns to double shot quickly and 2) get both the strength and mobility bonuses.
I never bothered to split up my civilian. It was because there is a big risk raiders take it and gg.

I only played 4 of these, always split up the settler, never had a problem. Just send it to the middle of the 3 directions you send your units.

I only played 4 of these, always split up the settler, never had a problem. Just send it to the middle of the 3 directions you send your units.
Well yeah that works, but for me i generally don’t put them back together. This ends up with so many different groups later on in mid-end game. Therefore, I end up having like up to 3-4 fights at once. I mean its basically splitting them in divisions. But of course everyone is different. This is also why i dont split up the civilian

But ya this gamemode is actually too ez now. I played as settler and everyone else deity. I won, man I should soon try facing players not dumb AI

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom