Tips for winning by domination?

TwistedEdge

Chieftain
Sorry if I'm not using the correct terminology yet for BE, but does anyone have any tips/suggestions on domination victories in Civ:BE yet?

It seems your affinity choice isn't as relevant as I first thought, although Supremacy seems to lend itself more towards war-based civs. What about the tech web though? It's so complex with certain affinity choices getting certain units, I'm really not sure how to tech for a successful war yet.

I was about to discuss the same thing.

- How do you deal with health?
- Razing/puppetting/assimilating - what has changed?
- How do you sustain your economy/energy while waging war?

I've easily dealt with the penultimate difficulty so far (though it was "messy") but I haven't tried Apollo yet.

As for affinities, I am not sure yet. I've tried supremacy and purity.. my opinion is that the supremacy units are a little bit better all things considered (mostly upgrades really), but the purity Body armor guy comes so fast it's stupid.

For the first one, in the early game, you don't. Expect to be in negative health most of the time, in fact if you're consistently positive, you probably aren't expanding enough. Just focus on building health buildings, try to keep health above -10, and absolutely don't let it go below -20. Later on, Eudiamonia, the +7 health virtue, Purity T2 finisher, biowell spam and more health buildings make health pretty easy to come by.

Going down the prosperity tree solves most health issues. (-25% less negative health)

Going down the prosperity tree solves most health issues. (-25% less negative health)
Just rush for it.
Then get bio wells, you can keep expanding with 20+ health.
The health system's very harsh for the first play, but it's pretty challenge-less after you know the power of prosperity and bio well.

For the tech web, as most of the buildings and wonders are not cost-efficient, you can go purely for new units after you can get like 8 health for each city from buildings.

For fast pushing, go for the railgun satellite (don't know the accurate name in English). It costs only 200 cogs and provides 120 strength bombardment, which ignores hills and mountains. As the ability for artillery to shoot over hills comes very late in game, you need it to cut down the cities surrounded by hills.

Don't worry about health but of course build soma distilleries etc. Just make some good troops, take some capitals, and make sure to keep advancing whatever affinity you are going for so you can keep ahead on upgrades.

Ranged units seem to be the best IMO for domination victories.

Gunboats are great too if you want something fast on water maps. They're made of paper mache and die to gunner + city, but 4-5 of them will completely flatline a str 30 city in one volley too, so gunner + city won't have a chance in most cases.

Gunboats are great too if you want something fast on water maps. They're made of paper mache and die to gunner + city, but 4-5 of them will completely flatline a str 30 city in one volley too, so gunner + city won't have a chance in most cases.

I've stuck to mostly land based maps, but I would imagine the same philosophy would work on water maps.

Also with regards to ranged units:

wikipedia said:
Artillery is arguably the most lethal form of land-based armament currently employed and has been since at least the early industrial revolution. The vast majority of combat deaths in the Napoleonic Wars, World War I and World War II were caused by artillery.[1] In 1944, Joseph Stalin said in a speech that artillery was "the God of War".[1]

I've stuck to mostly land based maps, but I would imagine the same philosophy would work on water maps.

Also with regards to ranged units:
Lev tank from purity makes wonder on water maps. :king:

Top Bottom