To cancel Mutual protection

Savage

Chieftain
Maybe this was already answered. Sorry if it was,but how the heck do you cancel a MP after 20 turns. Some civs wil tell you that they no longer wish to continue with the MP but some civs never come back to you.

Anybody who can help me please or anybody with the same experience? Maybe i am the only fool out there ....I think not.

:confused:

While in the Diplomacy screen, click on the 'active' button at the bottom, then click on the treaty you want to cancel (or renegotiate). If there is a number beside it, then that shows how many turns are left before you can cancel it.

I found out by accident that if you wish to cancel MMP (or any other trade), all you have to do is click on it in the active trades screen just the way you do when you are trying to make a trade in the new trade screen. It doesn't matter how many turns remain, you can cancel at any time.
Now granted that whoever you have the MMP with won't be too happy about it, but since I'm probably just going to bump them off later anyways, I really don't care.

Originally posted by Stilgar
I found out by accident that if you wish to cancel MMP (or any other trade), all you have to do is click on it in the active trades screen just the way you do when you are trying to make a trade in the new trade screen. It doesn't matter how many turns remain, you can cancel at any time.
Now granted that whoever you have the MMP with won't be too happy about it, but since I'm probably just going to bump them off later anyways, I really don't care.

Did't quite understood that :confused: How can i cancel a protection pact if i regret about it and it has a lot of turns till it expire?? :beer:

Sorry for the confusion. In the diplomacy screen, click on the active trades at the bottom to show all active treaties you have with that country. Your MMP will appear along with whatever accesory trades went along with it. If you then L-click on the MMP on either side of the we gave/they gave part of the screen, the MMP will clear and return to the potential trades areas on each side. At that point, if you click on new trades and then say "forget it" or "never mind" you will leave the trade screen and the MMP will be cancelled no matter how many turns may have remained.

Be careful though, because this is not appreciated by the other leader and will immediatly make them either annoyed or furious.

Top Bottom