Together We Rule Expansion

I do not want to flood the thread with hotfixes, but I will note the most recent one (with a preview available today) "Added M1 Mac compatibility" per Daarkarrow's announcement on G2G. Thought that could be of interest to folks around here!

FestinaLente offers historical context behind the decision on G2G, and I agree the Scots and the British were up to substantively different things in the Industrial Era. Whether they need to be as powerful as I hear they are...
I have just played as the Scots. Their highlanders are amazing against similar opposition. One unit of highlanders cut down hordes of draftees once it cross over the walls of a city. I've yet to lose a highlander and I've tried to keep them busy.

I do not want to flood the thread with hotfixes, but I will note the most recent one (with a preview available today) "Added M1 Mac compatibility" per Daarkarrow's announcement on G2G. Thought that could be of interest to folks around here!
Regarding this: The initial release of the beta had some problems (I hear it was a broken asset bundle) that left it unplayable because the game would just show a screen of solid pink. However, one of our producers pushed a hotfix on Saturday, so it should be working now.

Hi everybody, I have tested the new DLC twice and I think that the current directions taken by Amplitude are not for me. It's a pity as I liked the game so far and had great expectations.

There is nothing I am enthusiastic about in this new DLC, I find the new features annoying at best, and the Metternich update added things to the core game I find very grating. My main gripe is the stealth system. I appreciate a "fog of war" in strategy games, but 6 units armies you can't spot even from an adjacent hex is pushing the concept too far in my opinion. OK, may be am I exagerating a bit because I am very disappointed, but I think that you get the idea. And I don't think that ambush is a clever addition to the game. Cumulated with the stealth system, this is something that I find terrible.

Agents are just more units to build and to move on the map, adding to the micro management. I would have prefered an abstract system. Agents that cost a full population to build, the same as an army, are also something that feels strange to me. Since the update, I am harrassed by stealth notifications, hidden units there, hidden units this way, hidden units this other way... This is exhausting.

I don't appreciate the leverage system and the World Council (I play in French so I am not sure of the name) neither. Do this ! Do that ! I feel like I have no more agency.

I won't play again until the next big update as I don't find the game fun anymore in its current state. But I am wary as many changes have been applied to the core of the game by the update, I can't get rid of them by removing the DLC. Too bad.

Last edited:
So this is how an expansion looks like???
Holy cow, it looks like a random event... undistinguishable from any other DLC...

Sry when will this guy drop a Major Meteorite on the map???

Given the major graphical focus of the game I would expect some crazy stuff with dynamics icebergs, lake Titicaca or Tenochtitlan lake basin emptied and turned into Salt Lake City, just without Missisipian...
Or some War feature, certainly NOT diplomatic feature.... Kings and Castles... Clans and Suntans... Cao e Lin... the Tibetan Tablets... Eldorado...
Scenarios should always be included in expansions...

Sry well designed scenarios and maps are important if people is to be convinced to give ACTUAL CREDIT to the game...

Hi everybody, I have tested the new DLC twice and I think that the current directions taken by Amplitude are not for me. It's a pity as I liked the game so far and had great expectations.

There is nothing I am enthusiastic about in this new DLC, I find the new features annoying at best, and the Metternich update added things to the core game I find very grating. My main gripe is the stealth system. I appreciate a "fog of war" in strategy games, but 6 units armies you can't spot even from an adjacent hex is pushing the concept too far in my opinion. OK, may be am I exagerating a bit because I am very disappointed, but I think that you get the idea. And I don't think that ambush is a clever addition to the game. Cumulated with the stealth system, this is something that I find terrible.

Agents are just more units to build and to move on the map, adding to the micro management. I would have prefered an abstract system. Agents that cost a full population to build, the same as an army, are also something that feels strange to me. Since the update, I am harrassed by stealth notifications, hidden units there, hidden units this way, hidden units this other way... This is exhausting.

I don't appreciate the leverage system and the World Council (I play in French so I am not sure of the name) neither. Do this ! Do that ! I feel like I have no more agency.

I won't play again until the next big update as I don't find the game fun anymore in its current state. But I am wary as many changes have been applied to the core of the game by the update, I can't get rid of them by removing the DLC. Too bad.

I haven't tried yet these Stealth units... it should be possible to disable a DLC like it is possible in Civ 6; I'm not into Mods either, so I dont know if theres some advanced menu options like CIV 6 mods do.
Base menu in HK is really terrible, it still looks pre-Aplha to me, so seeing EXPANSIONS out at this rate and the initial Menu still bare naked as launch, makes me worry there will ever be a MOD button...

Very interested to see how they will do the World Congress. I strongly dislike how Civ 6 did it, but a good World Congress and extended diplomacy could significantly elevate the game. It's not just about adding strategic depth, but about having more of a relationship to the other players and what they are up to, and maybe making the leader figures a bit more prominent.
Yes, but starting in after the Magna Charta at least, so to speak end of dark ages...
To have War support, with complex diplomacy in tribal-stone-bronze age is ridiculous...
I mean, there's no government type. No Kings election. No tribal leader elections.
If I run the Missisipian in tribal mode in 2000 AD, I do NOT want to have ANY (recognized) leadership whatsoever.
Any solution with me should be pointless. There are cultures which never went in the League of Nations, so
to automatically include every culture in the League of Nation is banana.
To add depth it's not bad per se. BUT. A more Basic diplomacy thumb of rule should be adopted, with far less choices, bonuses, and maluses...

I would expect major resistance from a World Congress acted against me, if for example my civ would try wipe out some indipendent peaceful people maybe inhabiting some remote Jungle region...
It seems however that bribing Indipendent people works, but bribing World congress dont... seems to be possible... the irony...

Last edited:
I am currently playing a game without the "Together we rule" expansion and I am enjoying it so far. I have reached the middle ages and I think that the coming turns will tell me whether this game can still please me or not. I am still wary of the changes introduced by the Metternich patch itself and waiting to see how is the game with this patch but without the DLC.

Yes, but starting in after the Magna Charta at least, so to speak end of dark ages...
To have War support, with complex diplomacy in tribal-stone-bronze age is ridiculous...
I mean, there's no government type. No Kings election. No tribal leader elections.
If I run the Missisipian in tribal mode in 2000 AD, I do NOT want to have ANY (recognized) leadership whatsoever.
Any solution with me should be pointless. There are cultures which never went in the League of Nations, so
to automatically include every culture in the League of Nation is banana.
To add depth it's not bad per se. BUT. A more Basic diplomacy thumb of rule should be adopted, with far less choices, bonuses, and maluses...

I would expect major resistance from a World Congress acted against me, if for example my civ would try wipe out some indipendent peaceful people maybe inhabiting some remote Jungle region...
It seems however that bribing Indipendent people works, but bribing World congress dont... seems to be possible... the irony...
To have a war support and complex diplomacy in bronze age is not ridiculous at all. And you seem to miss the fact that it's an alternate history game so just because some cultures never went in the Leage of Nations or United Nations in real history means no more than some cultures never had tanks in real history either. Basically your only real argument is "I dont want it" which is a legit argument to be sure, just not a very strong one.

Top Bottom