• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Tooltips - production and combat bonuses from civics and generals

In my last games, I'm trying policies that boost production for settlers, builders, or for certain types of units.
However, every time I try it, as I hover the mouse on the production icon of the city building that specific thing, I cannot see the bonus I was expecting. It seems that the civic bonus is just being ignored.

Similarly, when I try to moven my General (Sun Tzu) to the first line, near a unit of mine, and I try to attack, I see the combat preview with all modifiers for my unit and the enemy. I cannot see the modifier from Sun Tzu I was expecting (+5 to units within 2 tiles, IIRC). Is his bonus being ignored?

For the most part, the production bonus applied to a specific unit, district, wonder or building will not show up on the city's production summary (the production number that appears on the basic city view screen below the city's name), but will be reflected in the production detail for the unit, district, wonder or building that is being produced (most obviously, in the number of turns to completion).

On Sun Tzu, note that every Great General and Great Admiral's effects are limited to units from a specific adjacent pair of eras (e.g., Classical and Medieval Era units). If you try to use the GG or GAdm on units from earlier eras, or try to use the GG or GAdm after their eras have passed, you will see no effect. To determine whether you are seeing a bug would require checking a save file.

Top Bottom