Top Ten Tips For Your Favorite [FF] Civ

nzk13

Some Jew-boy on Noble.
I've noticed a similar thread for FFH vanilla, started by JonathanStrange, but there's nothing for someone wanting to play one of the new civs in Fall Further.

I'll try my hand at Archos. I only ever played one game of Fall Further (as Archos), but i have been with Fall from Heaven ever since it started; and I can tell that Archos are a very good rushing civ. So let's go:

1. Unlike many civs, your capital only gives you two mana sources, Chaos and Nature. Normally, for other civs, that's balanced off with really good civ-specific bonuses. With Chaos and Nature though, those two are probably the best mana in the game: Chaos is good for war, with those non-Mage Guild necessary Shamans, you can quickly get Dance of Blades with Chaos I, Mutation, which gives you random promotions (normally really good ones), with Chaos II, and Wonder with Chaos III (3-5 random effects, a lot of fun, to say the least). Nature is mostly best in the late game, Nature III, Vitalize (terraforms land) is basically the only really good one. Your Palace gives you +10 research in the city, and +1 Research for Priest, which is just icing on the cake. The extra capital growth means extra spiders. Cool.
2. Now, I didn't mention the really good civ-specific bonuses. Your UUs are all exceptional, with the Brute being suited for very early rushes. The free spiders aren't that bad, but they don't exactly make or break a game.
3. Now, lets talk about your leader, Daracaat. Aggresive and Homeland are the perfect trait combo, destining the leader for WAR! Feral means no more exploring unit-getting-killed-in-first-animal-combat. -20% GPP is not that bad, considering that you'll probably paying too much attention to war to care all that much. Yes, your first war should come with Tribesmen, (Warrior UU) and end with Conquest or Domination victory.
4. If you avoid using the whip in your nest city (capital), you'll reach size 15 in no time. Which means........ Awaken Mother!!! Mother is truly the best hero in the game, based on the era that you can acquire it. (Besides for the heroes that, if lost, you lose your leader traits e.g., Basium, Hyborem.) Yes, think about it, 8/7 Strength, +3 Poison Combat (11/10!!!), 2-4 first strikes, +75% chance of creating a Baby Spider if successful in combat, and if that wasn't enough for you, it starts with Cannibalize; which gives free healing after each battle.
5. All religions are good with this civ, but its really a toss-up between Fellowship of Leaves and Council of Esus. Esus because the spiders come with Hidden Nationality; Fellowship of Leaves because your Dark Wealds (UB for Grove), (which give extra Spiders in nest city) gives +2 Happiness with Guardian of Nature, and you're going to have one in every city; so those 2 Happy can be very useful, as I'm sure you can imagine.
Yes, I realize that I only gave 5 tips. If anyone could supply 5 more I would really appreciate it. Anybody wanna help (including giving tips for other civs)?

Top Bottom