TOT Units

Broken_Erika

Play with me.
How do i create custom TOT Units that work? :confused:

You don't.. well that's the easy way.. after converting them to editable form just make your own graphics over them.. if I remember right you can't change the number of frames for a unit though.. not sure if this helped at all but I love to talk (in this case write) stuff that nobody can understand..

how do i disable animated units? :confused:

Game ---> Game Options/Graphic Options (Try both, since I'm not sure where)

To make sure all animations are gone, search your ToT folder and subfolders for *.spr files, and delete them all. Make sure you back them up first, in case you want to go back to the original units.

Don't forget that all ToT units should face right, as units in ToT get mirrored when they move left if there are no *.spr files present.

The Person said:
To make sure all animations are gone, search your ToT folder and subfolders for *.spr files, and delete them all. Make sure you back them up first, in case you want to go back to the original units.
That's not recommended - and it's completely unnecessary if you know what you're doing.

Here's what the settings do:

1a) Game menu -> Graphics Options -> Animated Units: Selecting this option will turn on animated units. If you're playing a custom scenario, always turn this off – I've yet to see an unofficial scenario that uses animated units.
1b) Game menu -> Graphics Options -> Animated Terrain: Selecting this option will turn on animated terrain. There is, however, a bug where one frame from the oil resource (desert) will be visible even when the option is deselected. You can solve this by dropping a dummy resource.spr file into your scenario directory (see this thread at Apolyton). Use of this file will completely eradicate any interference from the Original game's resource.spr file - even if animated terrain is turned on.

If you can't change either of these options, it means that the scenario designer has disabled them via the animation lockout settings in the Cheat menu (see below). These Graphics Options, however, are universal and can be changed by switching to a game where they haven't been disabled.

2a) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> Terrain animation lockout: Disables the Animated Terrain option in the Graphics Options menu. Don't use it.
2b) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> Unit animation lockout: Disables the Animated Units option in the Graphics Options menu. Again, don't use it.
2c) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> .SPR file override: Blocks the static.spr file. Does not block animated sprites! If you don't use any static unit sprites in your scenario, turn it on.

3) Rules.txt -> @UNITS_ADVANCED -> .SPR file override flag: For each unit it will block both static.spr and the animated sprite file (unitxx.spr). Setting all of these flags to 1 is a sure-fire way of completely eradicating interference from unit sprites in your scenario.​

now all i have to do is solve some system related issues and i will start messing around with TOT :p :mischief:

Wobbegong said:
2a) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> Terrain animation lockout: Disables the Animated Terrain option in the Graphics Options menu. Don't use it.
2b) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> Unit animation lockout: Disables the Animated Units option in the Graphics Options menu. Again, don't use it.
2c) Cheat menu -> Scenario Parameters -> Edit Special Rules -> .SPR file override: Blocks the static.spr file. Does not block animated sprites! If you don't use any static unit sprites in your scenario, turn it on.

3) Rules.txt -> @UNITS_ADVANCED -> .SPR file override flag: For each unit it will block both static.spr and the animated sprite file (unitxx.spr). Setting all of these flags to 1 is a sure-fire way of completely eradicating interference from unit sprites in your scenario.
Cool, I didn't know that. Thanks!

BTW, the two animation lockout options (2a & 2b) are actually meant to work like this (from the ToT 1.1 patch readme):
These items lock the settings they affect to whatever they where (sic) set as when the scenario file is saved. In other words if you have the unit animation lockdown selected and your graphic options have animations turned on when you save your scenario they (sic) the animation for units will ALWAYS be on and cannot be modified. The opposite is true as well. For example if you have the terrain animations turned off and you set the lockout option then save your scenario then terrain animation will ALWAYS be off.
Unfortunately they don't.

Top Bottom