1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Total Mod(ALPHA) v2

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modpacks' started by blazekid87, Oct 7, 2010.

1. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

Just delete the Civilizations/Civ_Spain.xml file. All data for spain is in there and you dont have to change any other code. Ok well maybe you also have to delete Isabella from the Leaders/CIV5Leader_Isabella.xml

2. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

Same here. I really like the early game. Hell, can somebody make an mod that has a huuuge tech tree before animal husbrandy and you can actually win the game before even entereing the classical era?

kthx

3. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

I will be adding the brute as the caveman unit that you will start with. He will only be able to move 1 square per tile and slightly weaker than the warrior.

@SirCabbage Nice....Ill look into it.

Thats sorta what I was going for. Maybe even further but I did not want to make the beginning too boring to the point that no one will want to play it anyway. lol I think I already removed too many things from the start and you usually end up starting with two scouts.

My idea was to allow players to build cavemen early on at a faster pace in order to increase the size of your armies in the middle part of the game. Maybe also give them all a free upgrade after researching stone tools. Anybody have any ideas or thoughts?

4. Quetz

Quetz The Tallest Lilliputian

If you still play civ 4 at all, this mod has a very well done stone age included in it http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=261143

Interested to see where this goes.

5. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

No though about this ?

6. HahnHolio

HahnHolio Warlord

well, thats already there and called: Hydroplant ...

7. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Hydroplant ? Sorry i still not arrived to its epoch in game...

8. Guardian_PL

Guardian_PL Emperor

:lol:
    It's available with Plastics.

9. Jennar

Jennar Chieftain

You should call the 'Prehistoric Era the Neolithic Era, it's more accurate IMO.

10. gmcgd1

gmcgd1 Chieftain

But maybe cos I have some of the smaller mods on too

can't see tech tree and playing as Arabia I get no buildings that deliver culture.

but seems to make the game a bit better though I am generally unimpressed and underwhelmed by CIV 5 so more power to you and other modders elbows to try and improve it

thanks

11. CYZ

CYZ Toileteer

Been using your mod on a few games and i definitly like it.

There are a few things that aren't ideal for gameplay however. First off, you start with a scout. On a pangea map this means you'll have explored almost everything by the time you hit the classical era. On continents your scouts be useless by the time you hit ancient. This might not be so true for quick or standard speed, but on epic it's definitly a problem.

Another problem is the lack of production choices early on. You can either build more scouts, which you won't need that many off really. Or settlers, which you definitly don't need this early.

I think it would be an idea to make the scout available through teching, and possibly the same for settlers. As an alternative your cavemen unit seems like a good idea (especially because his 1 movement won't make him a good scout). I'd also add at least one building. Possibly something like cave paintings, which will give you one culture (and maybe extra science with archeology).

This way you're forced to make some early game choices. Wheter you want to upgrade your cavemen to warriors, tech towards scouts or workers or settlers. Different start situations would favor different tech choices. For example if there's a ideal spot nearby going for the tech that makes settlers available is the way go. If there's barbs close you want to tech for warrior and if there isn't much of interest scouts are the way to go.

12. welpe

welpe Chieftain

i like your mod, keep on!
    and the ideas by CYZ sound good to me :)

13. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

Currently working on it. I am trying to create a new unit called the caveman using the barbarian warrior graphics. The beginning definitley needs some work though, I agree.

14. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

UPDATE: V4 is out!

15. welpe

welpe Chieftain

how are the updates handled with this steam-software?
    are they automatically, and can i resume my safegame?
    or do i have to do something?

16. braydog92

braydog92 Chieftain

Lol, you used the caveman from the Geico commercials for the Language picture! :eek::lol::crazyeye::goodjob:
    I approve. Love this mod so far.

17. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

you got me:lol: and thanks...still plenty more to go.
    I really wish they hurry up and release more code and an update for nexus so we can add custom units. Till then I guess I'll just have to use wats available in the game.

18. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

Im guessing anytime I release a new version you have to download it again. Not sure if it affects save games. It may, since new technologies are usually added.

19. Sneaky Snake

Sneaky Snake GDR Noob

Hello, I just downloaded this mod and so far it is great! But there is a bug. The new "Wood" resource spawned on a non-forested tile in one of my games, and when I could reach it, I couldn't harvest it because well, it wasn't on a forested tile. Nothing major but just thought I'd report it.

20. blazekid87

blazekid87 Warlord

Thanks....Itll be fixed in the next release. Sorry I havent really got to play much of the mod. Been too busy with school and actually creating it. Any bug reports or feedback would be highly appreciated. Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy it.