1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Totestra: A new PerfectWorld2 fork

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Map Scripts' started by vktj, May 8, 2012.

1. Yxklyx

Yxklyx Chieftain

2. saam

saam Chieftain

This thread looks pretty much dead to me, but I'll try my luck.
    Did you people experience issue with this script when some resources not being generated on the map? E.g., I created a map of two continents with Totestra, and a quick look at the map revealed the absence of Dye and Deer resources.
    How do I battle this issue of this otherwise awesome script?

3. vktj

vktj Chieftain

In the upper right hand corner on each page of this thread, there is a tool marked "search this thread". For example, click on "search this thread" and search for the keyword "resources".

For example, in the very first post in this thread, there is the following text:

4. DisposableHero

DisposableHero Chieftain

What settings were used to generate the example map in the first post?

5. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Great work on this, thank-you for making this script.

How can the script be altered to provide more trees on the map? My maps get a lot of open spaces.

6. q3max

q3max Chieftain

Hi,
    really the best script!
    one issue i found with tropical climate
    so i added some lines

if clim == 1: # Tropical
    self.tropicsLatitude = 46
    self.DesertPercent = .10 # added
    self.PlainsPercent = .30 # added
    self.SnowTemp = .20 # added
    self.TundraTemp = .30 # added
    self.ForestTemp = .35 # added
    self.JungleTemp = .50 # added
    self.iceSlope = 0.33 # Less ice

i'm not sure if this are the best values and all make sense, but now there will be jungle and the resources that require it

7. vktj

vktj Chieftain

I have, for the first time in five years, updated the Totestra map script; it now has these changes. Not only can it be downloaded at the usual location (with the name Totestra-2017-03-29.py), http://samiam.org/civ4/Totestra.html, it can also be downloaded at a Github repo I have set up for this map script: https://github.com/samboy/Totestra-mapscript/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  8. Mknn

Mknn Chieftain

I am only getting maps that are 100% grassland. I remember this happening before with PerfectWorld2 (many years ago), but do not remember the fix (and have not been able to find that thread via searching). I am using the map in conjunction with FFH. Any ideas on how to get the map to continue on and populate oceans and mountains and all the fun stuff?

9. vktj

vktj Chieftain

First of all, a minor update to totestra.py: It now has a new map seed (“Atlixco”) which makes an interesting world when a huge 3:2 map is selected. This file (Totestra.py) is in the attached zip file (for developers with the Git tool, this zip file also has a Git log of all of the released versions of Totestra since 2012, going all the way back to Perfect World 2.06)

Second of all, I can not offer real help, but some hints for people who have asked questions over the years:

Can this map script be made to work with Map Script Tools - like Perfect World does?
    Sure. Just start reading and writing the code to make it work with map script tools yourself. Open source is like the real world: You’re not going to get what you want handed to you on a silver platter.

I am only getting maps that are 100% grassland.
    This indicates an error occurred when making the map. The map script works for me, so this is a problem with using that particular mod or your setup.

To debug this, we first must turn on debugging of error messages. Look for Civilization4.ini (\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Civilization4.ini usually) and edit the file to have these lines:

HidePythonExceptions = 0
    ShowPythonDebugMsgs = 1
    LoggingEnabled = 1
    MessageLog = 1​

Once this is done, there should be files in \My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Logs\ with names like PythonDbg.log. These files should have information on my the script is failing and generating grassland instead of a map. At this point, one can play around with the file to try and fix the issue in question (learning Python will help a lot here).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018