Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Good, could use some tweaks

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Bad, back to the drawing board.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
this is a draft of a congress proposal I plan to submit, I wanted to circulate a draft version to get some initial feedback.

I have also included a poll. the poll is not official in anyway but gives me a feeling if I'm on the right track or if this needs a rethink.

Trader Sid's: TR Reduction Proposal
Gaining Trader Sid's headquarters reduces the duration of TRs by 25%

Rationale: Even wtih recent gold Nerf's Trader Sid's remains the weakest corp in the game by far. It doesn't produce any real oomph to the late game, no influx of hammers or science, no GP boost, no massive war advantage, or even something cool like Firaxite's immunity from being plundered or TwoKay's nigh immunity from unhappiness. Sid's could use some oomph.

The idea here is with "Trader" literally in the name, lets give some oomph to TRs themselves by reducing the duration. This means that TRs will complete quicker, providing more tourism boosts, making franchises quicker, and augmenting Civs that benefit from TR completion. It creates a neat and unique mechanic that has fun synergies with other aspects of the game, and elevates the corp to parity with its cousins.

NOTE: While civilized Jewlers speeds up TRs, this is NOT the same as reducing the duration (it just means that Trade units move faster, but they don't complete the TR any quicker).

Still doesn't seem very strong to me. I would still pick firaxite, civilized jeweler, centaurus or giorgio over it. Getting more science, culture or great people will provide for a much stronger late game for any victory condition. I would perhaps add some extra bonuses, either per turn for every trade route active or when they complete. Or just a better franchise bonus since you will be able to get them up quickly with -25% duration of trade routes. Maybe extra production, science or culture?

Last edited:
I think it should be an office bonus (TR starting in a city with office gains the bonus) or a franchise bonus (TR starting in a city with office targeting a city with franchise gains the bonus).

The thing is TR completion gives a lot of tourism and we're already desperately trying to make CV less easy to get.
I'm all for buffing Trader Sid but I think this is not the right way to do it.
Compared to the tourism power of Giorgio or especially civilized jewlers....I don't think this change will get near the CV power of those corps.

Top Bottom