Trading for Citys...

I have received quite a few AI cities for declaring peace. Some of these cities were pretty good. I mostly play Large or Huge Maps. And I most always drop one or two of the players ~ less players means more open space, which leads to bigger civilizations.

Perhaps bigger civilizations provide more oppurtunities for freebie cities?? Certainatly bigger civs allow for more opportunity to isolate their cities and sever their trade routes. A city that is suffering high war weariness and is cut-off from luxury resources.. will be starving and not very productive. And if it is any distance away from the capital(etc), it will cost more commerce than it makes. So the chances of the AI trading it for peace, should be increased. It's possible that I've had so many freebie cities because of the maps I play, and the way I execute War (divide, then conquer).

what's wierd is that the AI values their cities so highly that they won't give them up for anything, but they place so little value on your cities that the only way they'll take it is as a gift

they don't value them lowly but by game design they can't pay you for them! plus they see what more cities realy are, a double sided sword, close cultural borders cause tensions, the ai does not want that, so the further the city is away from your cities the more likly they accept it, also if their cultural borders will cover the city, or atleast have an influence on it, they wwill take it.
cheers

Top Bottom