Votes: 63 64.3%
  • Religious Temple

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Religious Monastery

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 23 23.5%

• Total voters
I actually couldn't even remember some of the late-game buildings when I made the post. Bunkers? What's that? And yes, nuclear plants. They're bad.

This is my favorite civ topic at the moment.

I'm currently learning emperor, and it seems to be all about trimming the fat. Any hammer could be a beaker or gold, or go into a catapult. So the buildings had better pay-off, and fast!

Of the listed buildings, I almost never build Colosseums. This probably reflects the fact that I haven't learned and practiced an economy that doesn't include a Bureaucracy-fueled cottage capital.

The first strategy that comes to mind for me that would push me to build them would be SE with nationhood. Colosseums with theaters can give 3:) for 20% culture slider. depending on what your economy can handle, and how much :mad: you can afford to stack, you could draft as many as 3 more troops in a cycle.

Bureaucracy is a really strong civic in most cases. But Vassalage is better for large, warmongering empires, Nationhood works well with Globe Theater and Slavery, and Free Speech is strong endgame and on culture.

If you're interested, look up "Leveraging Vassalage", a series played by Artichoker on Immortal, where he exploits the synergy between Vassalage and Pacifism.

Lol Bunkers.

I forgot they existed.

they excist.. but if you really need these - you already have lost :D better build extra Jet Fighter and control skies.. or Stealth Bomber to destroy well/ofshore platform... or another Missile Cruiser to sink enemy ships :D

Ahh, so I was wondering why there were no civ articles explaining the advanced tactics of bunkers.

I thought the experts were just holding onto trade-secrets all this time.

Obsolete, all skilled Deity players (you aren't one. To be skilled, you must win at least 95% of the time, without regenerating.) know that at 2048 the AI literally floods you with aircraft, trying to prevent you from winning a time victory. If you don't watch out, all your cities will be taken by Commando paratroopers the next turn. Bunkers, however, do an excellent job in preventing this.

You can sometimes rushbuy a bunker in the heat of the battle, but aside from that it doesn't have a lot of use indeed.

Obsolete, all skilled Deity players (you aren't one. To be skilled, you must win at least 95% of the time, without regenerating.) know that at 2048 the AI literally floods you with aircraft, trying to prevent you from winning a time victory. If you don't watch out, all your cities will be taken by Commando paratroopers the next turn. Bunkers, however, do an excellent job in preventing this.

You can sometimes rushbuy a bunker in the heat of the battle, but aside from that it doesn't have a lot of use indeed.

:D yeah... SDI is much more useful thing than....

Top Bottom