1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Traveling Arctic Tundra

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by ydejin, Dec 22, 2007.

1. ydejin

ydejin Warlord

I like how in FFH traveling across the desert is slower than traveling across the grasslands. I wonder if a similar penalty should be applied for arctic tundra. This would also be another place to give the Doviello a bonus similar to the Malakim's desert movement bonus.

2. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Although it might be a good idea, Kael can't stress enough how much he dislikes similar mechanics. So, I think coming up with something different for Tundra/Doviello is a better choice. There were already some good sugestions made by some users, but I think none of them stroke at the right spot lol.

3. ydejin

ydejin Warlord

Well regardless of the Doviello/Malakim similar mechanics, I do think Tundra should be slower to travel.

4. Tiarilir

Tiarilir Chieftain

How about giving tundra +1 food/production for the doviello? Or even give Ice 1 food/1 production? Or make the Doviello able to build some kind of improvement making them able to choose to have 1 food or 1 production on Ice and Tundra? :D

5. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

But Tundra requiring more movement is similar to Desert's mechanic, that's what I meant =)

6. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

How about giving doviello workers the ability to build camps on ice and tundra, which give +1 food +1 commerce?

7. Rex rgis of Ter

Rex rgis of Ter Me I'm a Creator

The Doviello workers could build a unique improvement, the war camp.Only buildable on tundra, it produces production like a cottage and grows in stages. Every time it is promoted to the next level, 3 of your most advanced melee units you can build are spawned. Thus, a tundra city could become a powerhouse for your military.

8. TheJopa

TheJopa Šumar

An improvement on tundra which gives small bonus, like +1 comerce, but if worked, has a chance to spawn Doviello unit?

9. elitesix

elitesix Chieftain

Consider giving the Doviello a unique building (perhaps replacing granary) that gives tundra tiles a significant bonus (+1F/+1P or +1F/+1C or perhaps a happiness&health bonus based on tundra tiles). Easier to implement than a Doviello improvement because it requires little new art.