Tried to Pick a Fight with Rivals Monarch

Dexter43

Chieftain
During my game, I noticed that Peter Stuyvesant issued his DOI, so I hustled some troops up to his colonies to make sure he didn't win, and I got there too late he was about pretty much wiped out except for one city.

I noticed that his conquered cities that my guys were next to was lightly defended by the kings troops, so I decided to pick a fight with his king but couldn't. The game wouldn't let me attack his city or units, just share the same squares. The king showed up on my diplomancy screen but I couldn't talk to him to declare war.

I even walked around his cities looting and pillaging everything in sight, to no avail.

I would have been sweet to start a war with the Dutch king, and then get my monarch off of his tax raising butt to help me out of a tight spot, only to face the same troops he rescued after I issued my DOI.

I think I'll go back in time to shortly before Peter's DOI and get my guys up there and see how the Dutch king feels if I bogart a city he's attacking.

Thats a good way to get a city with buildings intact, if you can time it right so the king doesnt take it first.

The only way you can fight their king is if you sign a permanent alliance agreement with them, and you might have to do it before they declare independance. But when you sign that agreement your king will become permanent allies with his king so you will have double the REF to deal with. I tried a 3 player teams game vs the REF but both players i was with were noobs and while one of them seemed to take my advice in preperation for the declaration of independance another just ignored my requests and kept making way more cities than he needed. It got even worse because he didnt get any form of defense up as i warned him to, so when i started killing indians for experience and gold he started to lose a city here and there. Then he complained to me about it as if it was all my fault that his entire economy was mine silver, hurry immigration, make cites and repeat. It was like he was trying to sabatoge us all.

But the other noob at least waited until i told him to put statesmen in his cities and altho he didnt build print press and newspaper in preperation he did at least stockpile guns and horse as i told him to.

But it took forever to get 50% rebel sentiment and the 3 kings destroyed my army within 4 turns of the first landing.

the 3 kings destroyed my army within 4 turns of the first landing.
Singing: "We Three Kings of America Are..." :D

Top Bottom