TSG 122 Announcement

Just release the save already!

So you're planning to go deep in the Piety tree? Interesting strategy...

(it actually might make for a fun game. Piety+Rationalism+Order. I think it would be a *long* game)

No, I haven't decided, but for sure you can get tons of religious wonders.

This is Prince though, Great Library doesn't usually go until turn 60-70 on Prince. I may be wrong, but with Egypt it may only take a couple turns more to build the GL instead of a boring old plain library...
Temple Of Artemis will absolutely be a must on this map too since food will be scarce. Feed the World will be absolutely necessary as well as this is Prince so getting a religion will be doable as well.

I completely forgot about monument to the Gods. So with Egypt its possible to build ancient wonders 50% faster? Wow...

GL is 185 hammers, normal library is 75. Providing good production and at least 6 pop, so, say, 10 hammers/turn, it's 7-9 turns for Library and 14-16 turns for the GL. I think it may be wiser to get a settler using those hammers and probably only work on GL after there's 4-5 cities around, all going Monument -> Library. Iunno though, there might not be good spots for expos and you'd have to deal with at most 7 cities.

I'm thinking about Liberty to free Settler and then Jesuit Education. Not playing for honors and tables anyway since I'm not that good and I will of course replay if I see the map is genuinely fun

One thing to note is that Highlands is a non-wrapping (flat) map. This makes it extremely different if you start in a corner or the center. OTOH there is a lot of land on those flat maps, so probably space for more cities than usual. "Seas" will be small, if any. Scouting will be important.

I would just look at how pros do HoF in G-Minor CVII to see how to do fast SV on prince.

Game Requirements: ALL DLC save for the cradle maps, Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.

am i right in thinking this is a base civ 5 game then? If so, that changes a lot!

I think the requirements were miss-worded as the save does require bnw & g&k.

This looks really interesting. No Tradition, especially with Egypt contradicts my traditional (it should say usual, but SICR) play style.

I will definitely have a testgame with these settings first before I dive into the challenge. Some advise here is really interesting, I would have never thought of messenger of gods. Thanks for that.

I think the requirements were miss-worded as the save does require bnw & g&k.
Not miss-worded, but maybe worded in a possibly confusing way if you don't pay attention to the punctuation :
Game Requirements: ALL DLC save for the cradle maps, Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.
So you need all DLC except cradle maps, you need G&K expansion, you need BNW expansion

Oh, there was a mistake thought : as it should be ALL DLC save for the cradle and scrambled maps.

Not miss-worded, but maybe worded in a possibly confusing way if you don't pay attention to the punctuation :

So you need all DLC except cradle maps, you need G&K expansion, you need BNW expansion

Oh, there was a mistake thought : as it should be ALL DLC save for the cradle and scrambled maps.

Yeah the punctuation was not correct should have had a period after maps :blush: this is what happens when you edit after midnight :crazyeye: :thanx: for the catch on scrambled maps, I couldn't justify spending money for those maps.

Studying stuff to make plans before i start. Got some questions:

When choosing order with spaceflight pioneers, do GEs complete a spacepart in 1 turn guaranteed, or do they only produce the shields towards it depending on city size just like with wonders ? (300+30*pop)

Do GEs benefit from production bonusses like egyps 20% towards wonders and the 50% from spacepart factories ?

Are the GE and GS prize increases on buying from faith on different counters ?
(meaning i could buy 3 GS + 3 GE for only little more than 4 GS)

When doing a world fair, can i count on the AIs to do their half if i build 51%, or should i be prepared to produce the whole thing by myself if i want it completed before im old and grey ?(considering the low difficulty level)
Do i really need to build 51% or is that just a theoritical thing for absolute certianty even if 6 of the 7 AIs do nothing and will i be quite fine if i produce just 35% or so expecting all the AIs to do some production ?

GEs and GSs use different faith counters, e.g. 2 GE + 2 GS is 5000 faith total.

A GE won't be enough to finish a spaceship part in 1 turn if your city isn't big enough, just like with wonders. Production from GEs depends on the city population only and doesn't get modified by the city/empire bonuses as far as I know.

On Prince you're going to have to build World's Fair almost entirely by yourself if you want a fast finish, expect to throw 2500+ hammers at it.

So you're planning to go deep in the Piety tree? Interesting strategy...

While it likely won't beat out Liberty, those Burial Tombs make this more compelling than normal. Lovely UB.

@stormtrooper

Any experiences from actually playing should be removed from this thread :) Thanks.

Studying stuff to make plans before i start. Got some questions:

When choosing order with spaceflight pioneers, do GEs complete a spacepart in 1 turn guaranteed, or do they only produce the shields towards it depending on city size just like with wonders ? (300+30*pop)

Do GEs benefit from production bonusses like egyps 20% towards wonders and the 50% from spacepart factories ?

Are the GE and GS prize increases on buying from faith on different counters ?
(meaning i could buy 3 GS + 3 GE for only little more than 4 GS)

When doing a world fair, can i count on the AIs to do their half if i build 51%, or should i be prepared to produce the whole thing by myself if i want it completed before im old and grey ?(considering the low difficulty level)
Do i really need to build 51% or is that just a theoritical thing for absolute certianty even if 6 of the 7 AIs do nothing and will i be quite fine if i produce just 35% or so expecting all the AIs to do some production ?
Remember Tradition is forbidden this game. So you would need to take the Glory to God Tennant for your reformation belief

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Highlands maps always spawn lots of barbs. Almost enough to do an Honor game (right side first for the culture) even if you plan on playing peacefully. You forfeit a lot of hammers, though.

Try raging barbarians on the Mesopotamia map sometime :run:

Top Bottom